PDA

View Full Version : Live and CROWDED (and NEW Resort Mugs!) - Part 2

Maleficent's Dad
02-19-2009, 01:59 PM
Just some updates...

On Tuesday, we headed over to the AK. What a zoo it was (pun intended). Crowded, crowded, crowded! EE was delayed in opening for about 15 minutes - this made the FP and Standby lines INSANE. 15 minutes for a FP! There were very few places to relax in peace. EE's max wait time (that I saw) was 60 minutes, so that isn't overly bad.

Wednesday brought us to EPCOT - the only "manageable" park for us thus far this week. We managed all the main rides, but Soarin' had over a 75 minute wait for most of the day. The Rose & Crown Pub was blissfully peaceful.
Kim Possible is now a huge hit with my family. It's a video game/learning experience all with interactive stuff. Lots of fun. We've now completed numerous missions, and the kids are quite capable on their own. Gives us some free time/down time during the day - nice!

Today - Thursday was our second venture to DHS this week. :shake: :shake:
Oh brother, that park is not handling crowds well. I have never experienced insanity like I did this morning at the "rope drop." Grown men and women acting like possessed demons in trying to get to TSM and the FP's associated with it. Oh what a joy this morning was. Men throwing elbows, people running/ignoring CM's. Nobody following the basic rules of decent civilization. And all this for a ride?
FP's for TSM were GONE just after 10 AM!!! By 10:30, the wait time for TSM was over 100 minutes. TOT and RNRC were at 60 minutes for most of the morning. DHS, imho, handles large crowds the worst of all the parks. :down:

Oh - and for those of you wondering, there are new resort mugs. They have a white base, red for the top half, with Mickey, Goofey, etc. on them, with some "Celebrate Today" slogan on them. The tops come in either black, red, or yellow (that's the only option). About 50% of those using mugs these days are still using the "Year of a Million Dreams" mugs, however, with no CM's enforcing any rules. :unsure:

princessgirls
02-19-2009, 02:35 PM
Thanks for reporting!

Sounds very crowded. Guess it's hard to feel bad that attendance is down when it's that crazy in the parks.

Julie:mickey:

GothMickey
02-19-2009, 02:56 PM
Attendance isn't down like the doom sayers were predicting, which, I am glad to hear.

SBETigg
02-19-2009, 02:58 PM
I agree about crowds at DHS, Frank. That park feels crowded when it's not all that full and nearly unbearable when it is. Thanks for the reports. Good to hear that you're enjoying your vacation despite the crowds.

yjgirl32
02-19-2009, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the report. Sorry to hear you are hitting big crowds.

TheVBs
02-19-2009, 04:50 PM
Wow! I never imagined there'd be crowds like that this time of year. I hope the rest of the trip is a little more relaxing.

dtootsie42
02-19-2009, 05:44 PM
Sorry the crowds have been crazy. I hope with all this you are still having a terrific time. :mickey:

dream6
02-19-2009, 08:58 PM
Yikes! I hope the crowds let up for the rest of your trip!! Enjoy your time, and thanks for the live reports :thumbsup:

tjstrike
02-22-2009, 11:32 PM
Yeah, I hate to hear that. Wonder if the crowds are still up from presidents day weekend ? Hate to see what crowds will be like for spring break :(

WDWFanatic
02-23-2009, 10:21 AM
Wow...crazy crowds. Hopefully everyone is going now and April won't be that bad....yeah right!

moe513
02-23-2009, 04:52 PM
What is TSM, I feel stupid:(

pdrlkr
02-23-2009, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

ojeilatan
02-23-2009, 08:15 PM
What is TSM, I feel stupid:(

Toy Story Mania. No worries, it took me forever yesterday to figure out TTA :D

RocknBev
02-24-2009, 08:10 AM
Your day at DHS sounds just like mine in January....it was crazy! And I agree...DHS doesn't handle crowds well!

have a great magical day!

faline
02-27-2009, 06:32 PM
Trying to get to Toy Story Mania certainly sounds rather dangerous! Thanks for updating us!