PDA

View Full Version : Dining plan "snack" list

pugslave
02-19-2009, 01:31 PM
Hi! We're new to the dining plan, and was wondering if there was a list anywhere for snack items at each park. I don't want to waste my snack credit for a popcorn if I can get something tastier (although I do love popcorn...) TIA!!

bucky at disney
02-19-2009, 01:41 PM
There should be a DDP symbol by the items that are included for snacks - sorry - can't remember exactly what the symbol is - been too long since we've been there...

beksy
02-19-2009, 01:48 PM
I believe there's a listing in Intercot Central, too. Sorry I don't know how to put the link in! :mickey:

Figment!
02-19-2009, 02:13 PM
The rule of thumb is any single serving side item or dessert priced under $4 will likely count as a Snack Item.

The unofficial listing is located in the Disney Dining Plan FAQ (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=91180) stuck tot he top of this forum.

bob6572
02-19-2009, 05:51 PM
Normally a $2 to $3 item is a snack. Popcorn, ice cream, fruit are the most common items. The bakery at France also has some nice uses for the snack credits!!

gabe1
03-19-2009, 08:22 PM
This week I read a newsletter, that snack plan was being revised again. That some snacks that were under $4.00 but not considered a single serving were no longer accepted under the plan. The same member also reported having great differences depending on the restaurant, which beverage was acceptable under the dining plan. Their account was hot tea in Italy, not covered and cost them $8.00 for 2 cups of tea.

texasteacher
03-23-2009, 09:51 PM
Hi! We're new to the dining plan, and was wondering if there was a list anywhere for snack items at each park. I don't want to waste my snack credit for a popcorn if I can get something tastier (although I do love popcorn...) TIA!!

I don't think they are listed, but on my last trip, we got Dole floats and Citrus Swirls with our snack credits!

princessesmom
03-24-2009, 08:37 AM
It seemed on our February trip that MOST things under $4.00 counted, but that was not always the case. A smoothie in MK was $3.99 and we could get that, however a smoothie at Blizzard Beach that was also $3.99 was not available. Everything is marked, though, so yu will know what is available.

prttynpnk
03-24-2009, 09:26 AM
In december we used them for fudge in the candy shop in Downtown Disney- that was a pleasant surprise! ;)

Tygger7
03-24-2009, 09:50 AM
The previous posters are correct...there is a little DDP symbol beside any items that you can purchase with a snack credit. Some of my favorites were:

-The cinnamon rolls at the bakery on Main St. in MK...they make a WONDERFUL breakfast
-Dole Whips in MK...need I say more??
-Muffins
-Mickey Ice Cream bars (yummy)
-Mickey Rice Krispy Treats

Okay, now I'm hungry. :mickey:

DANAM
03-25-2009, 04:12 PM
We always use our snack credit at Gofy's Candy Shop in DTD on the caramel apples!!! If you have some leftovers this is the place to use them!!!

disneyfan328
03-26-2009, 07:30 AM
I thought that the Caramel Apples were one of the things that were NOT allowed to be used for snack credits since they are over 4$. We hav gotten the pretzel rods, marshmallows and big oreos before but we were told the apples were a no no:confused:

MMouse6937
03-26-2009, 01:37 PM
I agree that using your extra credits at Goofy's Candy Company in DTD were the best use of our credits. I got a carmel apple, fudge, rice crispie treats, etc. It was wonderful! Yep, I'm hungry now too!! :tasty:

PixieMagic
03-26-2009, 02:29 PM
I can't remember the specific name but the ice cream shop on main street has some DDP options...we always like to use them then after the fireworks... :cloud9:

motherof4
03-27-2009, 08:12 PM
try a dole whip in adventure land they are awesome and they count as a snack alot better than popcorn