PDA

View Full Version : 0% Interest with Disney VISA

Figment104
02-19-2009, 12:43 PM
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has every used the 0% interest perk with the Disney VISA? I use my Disney VISA for just about everything and pay it in full every month but recently I've been playing around with the idea of utilizing the 0% interest option for our upcoming trip. Has anyone had any issues with paying off their entire balance except for the Disney trip?

Or I guess a better question may be, how does that work when you have other charges on the card aside from the trip that you plan on paying off?

One last thing, does it still work when the trip is booked through AAA? From past experiences I believe that when I make my payment through AAA it shows up as Disney Resorts so I didn't think this would be an issue, but since I'm asking the other questions I figured why not find out for sure.

Thanks for the help!!!

Itchy
02-19-2009, 01:37 PM
When I used it and had a balance when I booked they applied the payments that I made to the booking charge before they applied it to the regular interest charges.

That way they still get interest if you have an outstanding balance.

I dont think it will make any difference where you book a vacation ( AAA, Magical Journeys, ECT ) as it is still a charge for the disney vacation and will show up on your statement as such.

Hope this helps.:mickey:
Happy planning

Beast_fanatic
02-19-2009, 02:01 PM
When I used it and had a balance when I booked they applied the payments that I made to the booking charge before they applied it to the regular interest charges.

That way they still get interest if you have an outstanding balance.

It worked exactly the opposite of this for me. I paid my regular balance plus a bit of the 0% balance each month, and each month it paid off the regular balance and reduced the 0% balance.

And, it should work fine booked through AAA. My trip was booked through (and paid through) Magical Journeys and I had no problems whatsoever.

Figment104
02-19-2009, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the replies so far.

Itchy, not to be too nosy just for clarification purposes when you say "they applied it to the regular interest charges" did you already have interest accrued from previous months balances. If so that may be why the applied it there first. Just curious and trying to figure it out.

Thanks again!

Itchy
02-19-2009, 02:24 PM
I guess to sum it up if I have a balance from purchase for gas, meals, or non - disney purchases the interest on the outstanding balance that I had not paid off monthly.

Either way I still did not pay any interest on the disney reservation and had it paid off within the 6 month period.

This is the best credit card that I have used, set aside the disney perks.:mickey: