PDA

View Full Version : Can you spare some pixie dust?

laprana
02-19-2009, 09:50 AM
If anyone has some pixie dust or prayers to spare, could you please send it my aunt's way? She is at MD Anderson Hospital in Houston battling lymphoma and is scheduled to have a stem cell transplant next Friday. The transplant has been scheduled and then cancelled about 6 times now because as it gets closer to the time for the transplant, she has gotten too sick for it to actually happen. :( The donor (a young man in his 20s) has already donated the cells and they're just sitting in a freezer until my aunt is ready for them! She's been fighting this disease for many years, and her chances are not good at all without the transplant. Even with the transplant, her doctors are only giving her a 20% chance of survival, but 20% is better than 0%! And she's a fighter, so our family believes she can get through this!

We're all hoping, praying, and keeping our fingers crossed :fingers: that the transplant will really happen next week. I belieive in the power of pixie dust, and know that it can't hurt to send some her way if anyone has it to spare! Thanks so much!!

murphy1
02-19-2009, 10:23 AM
I will certainly say many prayers for you all! Your attitude is right, you can't go by the statistics. Hoping she goes in soon for the transplant!

SBETigg
02-19-2009, 10:25 AM
Prayers and pixie dust for your aunt and for you all.

:pixie:

RedSoxFan
02-19-2009, 10:48 AM
:pixie::pixie::pixie:for your aunt.

sassy2000
02-19-2009, 11:30 AM
:pixie: for your aunt and your entire family.

Coccinelle
02-19-2009, 01:02 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie:

ElenitaB
02-19-2009, 11:36 PM
A special order of chemo-laced :pixie: being sent from our house to your aunt!

She sounds like a fighter... and one thing I've learned is to never take statistics as certainty. God bless her! I'll be praying for her!

crazypoohbear
02-20-2009, 08:15 AM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:
Sending tons of chemo killing/transplant taking pixie dust.
and a big :cheer::cheer::cheer: for the fight your aunt and the family have. Statistics don't consider pixie dust and strong will.

VWL Mom
02-20-2009, 08:55 AM
:pixie::pixie::pixie:

MickeyMousse
02-20-2009, 09:13 AM
Here you go.........:tink:

Plus sending you positive thoughts, too!! :thumbsup:

laprana
02-20-2009, 09:48 AM
Thank you all so much! I know the pixie dust will help, and the prayers and positive thoughts, too! My aunt started the process yesterday of all the tests and procedures, like "cleaning" her blood (not sure of the real medical term for that!) to get her ready for the transplant. We're all really hopeful and believing that it will happen this time!

Thanks again, all of your encouragement and thoughts mean so much to my family, my aunt, and to me. :rocks: