PDA

View Full Version : Favorite counter service items around World Showcase

bleukarma
02-19-2009, 09:24 AM
I'm taking a friend on mine to Disney for the first time EVER for her birthday on April 1st! She picked Epcot, so we plan on having a fun day there. Instead of picking one TS place she wants to sample food from the CS around the World. I've never really done this (except for the Food and Wine festival) so I'm not sure what's a "must eat" and what can be passed over. Tell me some of your favorite counter service items from around the World Showcase!

BugeyedMuggy
02-19-2009, 09:40 AM
The lamb&chicken combo in Morocco is my fav.

MickeyMousse
02-19-2009, 09:58 AM
Cantina de San Angel in Mexico-we always have lunch here. Good, authentic food at a decent price.

IamBelle
02-19-2009, 10:12 AM
The lamb&chicken combo in Morocco is my fav.

ditto, and it is big enough to share with two

also, the nachos at the mexican cantina are the best nachos ever

the pastries in the norway bakery are good, the cream horn thing is good too, although this would be considered a snack

in germany, we usually buy chocolates in there which are good, and think you can buy pretzels too (i think both are considered snacks)

in china, the egg rolls are really good, but not on the meal plan

the french bakery also has good pastry, considered a snack also, in france, my parents enjoy the frozen orange drink, although not on the basic meal plan

If you couldn't tell, we also do the "tour of the world showcase" through food, its the best way!!

SBETigg
02-19-2009, 10:23 AM
Do you mean as meals or as snack items? We'll split meals in a few locations instead of just choosing one. But even then, we don't get very far before getting stuffed. I like:

The fish and chips at Yorkshire Country Fish, UK

A pastry at Boulangerie Pattisserie, crepe at the stand, or a Grey Goose slush in France.

The chicken and lamb shawarma platters at Tangierine Cafe (Morroco)

The Kushi Yaki (Broiled skewers of shrimp, chicken and beef with teriyaki sauce and steamed rice) at Yakitori House (Japan) or shaved ice at Kaki Gori if you just want a snack.

We usually do a wine tasting in Italy, but they also have some great chocolate.

Bratwurst or a soft pretzel at Sommerfest (Germany), or my kids like to select some gummi candy at the shops.

Egg rolls at the Lotus Blossum (China)

Lefse or a waffle at Kringla Og Bakeri (Norway)

The Tacos al Carbon, a wet burrito, or the nachos at Cantina de San Angel (and a fiesta margarita).

disneyworld55925592
02-19-2009, 10:34 AM
Be sure to finish off with either some boklava in morroccooooo! or some pastries from itlay or france. I also love the crepes in france:thumbsup:

Tinkerkel
02-19-2009, 11:00 AM
My favorite meal is a wet burrito from Cantina de San Angel. So yummy! My favorite snack (takes a couple of days to eat!) is a german chocolate cookie from the chocolate shop in Germany.

FenwayGirl
02-19-2009, 11:03 AM
School Bread in Norway! Don't miss it!

goofysbabe
02-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Our favorites:

The fish & chips from Yorkshire Country Fish- YUMMY!!!

Anything from the Lotus Blossom

The Boklava

My daughter loves the big soft pretzels in Germany

The nachos at the Cantina

Hope you have fun eating your way around the world - can't wait until it's my turn - OCT 2009

TinkiTime1989
02-19-2009, 11:31 AM
Our favorites are:

In Mexico we always get the Plato Combinacion or Cantina Nachos from the Cantina de San Angel.

In Norway the Schoolbread is amazing.

In China the Lotus Blossom Café has good Orange Chicken and eggrolls. The Joy of Tea Stand also has a wonderful Peach Oolong Tea Schnapps Slushie.

In Germany I can never resist the Gingerbread Man with Chocolate Dipped Mickey Ears!

Italy has good Chocolate Gelato.

A Turkey Leg or Funnel Cake is always good in America.

Cherry Kaki Gori (shaved ice) in Japan is good, cold, and refreshing in the Florida heat.

In Morocco the Chicken & Lamb Shawarma Platter is very good and definitely big enough to share.

In France we usually get the cheesecake and a chocolate croissant.

In the UK, you can’t beat the Fish & Chips.

I think the only thing we’ve ever gotten in
Canada was popcorn…

joonyer
02-19-2009, 12:45 PM
My favorites are:

Cantina de San Angel (Mexico): Any of the entrees (all good)

Tangierine Cafe (Morrocco): I like the wraps, any variety

Yorkshire County Fish Shoppe (UK): Fish & Chips

I also love the shaved ice (pick your favorite flavor) from Kaki Gori (Japan)

#1donaldfan
02-19-2009, 01:07 PM
...fish n chips at the Yorkshire Fish Shoppe.....they are a must every time we go....:thumbsup:

bleukarma
02-19-2009, 02:54 PM
Do you mean as meals or as snack items? We'll split meals in a few locations instead of just choosing one. But even then, we don't get very far before getting stuffed.

I think we just plan on walking around World Showcase and finding what looks good and getting it! LOL!

We will probably end up splitting something at Tangerine Cafe because she likes that type of food. And I've already told her that the pastry shop in France is a must-do. Other then that we are going to be two wondering girls pointing at things going "I want that!" :blush:

Daisy712
02-19-2009, 02:56 PM
We did a "taste around the world" last year and had a blast. There were 5 of us in our party including my DD (12) and DS (14). They still talk about this trip. We got most of our food from the counter service restaurants or from a store in that country. We made a point that each of the foods we sampled were authentic from that country. We also told the CMs what we were doing and they were more than happy to help.

Norway - Schoolbread
China - Red bean ice cream
Germany - Gingerbread Man
Italy - chocolates
Japan- rice candy
America - Funnel Cake
Morocco - We told them what we were doing and they actually put together a sampling plate of food for us.
France - pasteries
UK - we bought Digestives (a cracker/cookie combo) from one of the stores.
Canada - we bought the cheddar cheese soup "to go" from Le Cellier. We felt we got ripped off because we got such a small serving.

We had such a good time, that we will probably sample again when we go this year. Have a great time. This certainly made memories for us.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-19-2009, 03:08 PM
Nachos in Mexico
Pastries in France
Chocolates from the store in Italy
Fish and Chips from the UK

MickeyMousse
02-19-2009, 03:25 PM
WAIT!
.....German Chocolate Cookie
.....Baklava

How did I ever miss these wonderful things when I was only there 2 weeks ago??

That's it. Gotta go back. :bolt:

brownie
02-19-2009, 04:04 PM
I don't believe we've eaten a counter service meal in World Showcase. I can't visit there without getting a hot pretzel from Germany, though!

Aggie97
02-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Our favorites include:

Mexico - nachos, fiesta margarita

Norway - cloudberry horn, sweet pretzel

China - egg rolls

Germany - wine tasting, Milka chocolate bar

Morocco - chicken shawarma platter, baklava

France - Grey Goose slush

Have a great time! :mickey:

jakeybake
02-19-2009, 05:15 PM
Italy - Tiramisu (sorry spelling?)

Mexico - Mango Margarita

France - Any Pastry they have

Jay

playdead88
02-20-2009, 06:05 AM
morocco - everything is awesome
england - fish and chips - dh's fave
france - pastry shop - fabulous!

PopeCharming
02-20-2009, 12:22 PM
The Japanese curry at Yakatori House was probably one of the best counter-service meals I've had in Disney World.

I also give a tip of my hat to the food at the Tangeriene Cafe- I've eaten there each of my last three trips and never regretted it.

DisneyPrincess21
02-20-2009, 01:01 PM
I'm taking a friend on mine to Disney for the first time EVER for her birthday on April 1st! She picked Epcot, so we plan on having a fun day there. Instead of picking one TS place she wants to sample food from the CS around the World. so I'm not sure what's a "must eat" and what can be passed over. Tell me some of your favorite counter service items from around the World Showcase!

A MUST is for sure the fish in chips in the uk next to the rose and crown. You have to get it. It is a must for our family. No Disney trip is complete without it! One trip even though we had it when we were in epcot, we park hopped back over to epcot on our last day just to have the fish and chips again. :D
If your passing rose and crown on your left, It's the little building on the same side past rose and crown right before you get to the big hill/bridge.

Luv Eeyore
02-20-2009, 08:22 PM
For me, anything at Boulangerie Pattisserie! We usually buy some small thing at each country and share it among the 4 of us (except for the American pavillion - since we can get the same stuff elsewhere). We usually end up so full, we don't eat for the rest of the day!:blush:

Mousemates
02-20-2009, 09:30 PM
Fish and chips from yorkshire

Peanut butter Fried ice cream (sold with funnels cakes) near the American Adventure.

eam
02-24-2009, 03:29 PM
Soak up the great ambience at World Showcase by enjoying the architecture, merchadise, and people, so it's important to eat well and drink in moderation to complete your experience. Start at Norway with a Cloudberry Horn or Schoolhouse Bread or both and share, then slide over to Germany for a glass of Reisling and a brat, then move on to Italy for a Chocolate Ice Cream, after that sweet treat forge on to Japan for a some Plum Wine and if your adventurous stop by the Saki tasting bar, then add to your experience by stoping at Morocco's Tangerine for a Sample Platter or Lamb Wrap, then to put the finishing touch on your day go down the alley at France to the Parttissirie, and purchase a pastry, any one will do but, go wild, then take the pastry out to the fence along the water find a table, leave one person at the table with the pastry, and step over to the kiosks, and order one Strawberry Crepe with two forks at one and two Kir Royales at the other, this will make you feel like you are well and truly alive.

iheartdisney
02-24-2009, 06:00 PM
Another vote for Morocco's Tangierine Cafe!

Maleficent's Dad
02-24-2009, 06:42 PM
But even then, we don't get very far before getting stuffed. I like:
Yeah, what Sherri said! (Almost verbatim!) :mickey:

murphy1
02-25-2009, 07:27 AM
Yes, I just tried Tangerine cafe and it was fantastic!!! I had the baklava, too and it was amazing. I got the chicken shawarma platter and like everyone said it was huge! I was also going to do sampling, but it's just way too much good food! I also recommend the fish and chips at UK if you like that sort of thing, I always get a pint there. Between Morocco and Victoria & Albert, I could not eat the next day except for a snack.

bleukarma
02-27-2009, 02:56 PM
Peanut butter Fried ice cream (sold with funnels cakes) near the American Adventure.

I didn't know such a thing existed!!! I HAVE to try them when we are there!

iheartdisney
02-28-2009, 11:45 AM
I didn't know such a thing existed!!! I HAVE to try them when we are there!

Me either! I love this site. You learn something new every time you log on!