PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get these storms in SE??

murphy1
02-19-2009, 09:12 AM
It was kind of scary here with the tornadoes, I am in GA and we had sirens going off. I haven't seen lightning that bad in a long time!

Strmchsr
02-19-2009, 09:58 AM
Shari,

Yeah, we dealt with that last night from 4 pm until about midnight. It was pretty intense for a while, but so far only minor damage has been reported.
hopefully you guys will be spared any problems as well.

TinkiTime1989
02-19-2009, 11:02 AM
I'm at school in Milledgeville, GA and things were a bit scary here as well. My roommates and I didn't like it at all! I'm just glad we weren't about 20 minutes north in Eatonton. They were talking about a possible tornado that touched down there. Our campus alert system worked well though and sent out text messages and phone calls telling us we were under a tornado warning. Things finally calmed down around 12:30am and then it was just a lot of heavy rain, thunder, lightning, and wind. :rain:

kakn7294
02-19-2009, 11:03 AM
Hey Shari! I hope everyone's okay! We had some storms here in Western PA yesterday and today but nothing like you experienced. We've had bursts of rain and snow and high wind gusts with a bit of lightning yesterday. It seems like anymore, there's always a severe weather event somewhere - it's downright scary!

murphy1
02-19-2009, 11:31 AM
The weather here is scarier to me than the stuff I was used to in Florida (IE hurricanes!) LOL

TinkiTime1989
02-19-2009, 11:32 AM
The weather here is scarier to me than the stuff I was used to in Florida (IE hurricanes!) LOL

I agree! I lived in Florida for a while growing up. At least with Hurricanes you have plenty of warning and time to get out!