PDA

View Full Version : SWA coming to Boston

jonsmom
02-19-2009, 08:57 AM
I don't know if this is old news for some of you or not, but I thought this was so exciting and read about it this morning.

More choices, more flights!

caryrae
02-19-2009, 09:34 AM
Yeah they just came here to the Twin Cities recently. For now you have to fly from here to Chicago, then to your arrival city.

FenwayGirl
02-19-2009, 11:34 AM
:mickey:I saw that in the Globe this morning. I wonder how it will effect service out of Providence? I prefer Providence to Boston anyday!

TheRustyScupper
02-19-2009, 04:39 PM
:mickey:I saw that in the Globe this morning. I wonder how it will effect service out of Providence? I prefer Providence to Boston anyday!

1) Absolutely.
2) Besides, Providence is easy to pronounce.
3) I never know whether it is
. . . Boston
. . . Bawston
. . . Bowston
. . . Baaaaaaston

DisneyWhirled
02-19-2009, 04:42 PM
Good news, I think.

I hope it doesn't affect Manchester, NH that much, either. We usually fly from Manchester on SW.

jakeybake
02-19-2009, 05:11 PM
Certainly the more options for us up here the better. I always fly Jet Blue just because they are direct and the fares are usually the best but I wouldn't hesitate to try Southwest if their prices are competitive.

Jay

bob6572
02-19-2009, 05:56 PM
Always good to have more choices, though it's still easier and cheaper to use TF Green. $60 per week parking vs I don't know what Logan is now.

FenwayGirl
02-20-2009, 07:20 AM
Thanks for the morning laugh Rusty Scupper. It is actually pronounced "Bawston"....

RBrooksC
02-20-2009, 10:23 AM
It won't affect PVD or MHT. The flight loads will stay the same for those airports. What this will do is give business travelers another options since most of them don't want to travel to the other airports to travel.

WDWFanatic
02-20-2009, 10:36 AM
Good news, I think.

I hope it doesn't affect Manchester, NH that much, either. We usually fly from Manchester on SW.

Ditto, but I can't see how it won't affect MHT or PVD. It seems to me like they will have less choices at the smaller airports.

I guess time will tell.

jonsmom
02-20-2009, 12:44 PM
Always good to have more choices, though it's still easier and cheaper to use TF Green. $60 per week parking vs I don't know what Logan is now.

I paid $60 for 4 days at Green back in December.

During school vacations, the Logan Express Bus from Braintree offers 1/2 price parking. We paid very little last April.