View Full Version : Best Beaches in the Southern California Area

Magic Smiles
02-18-2009, 08:55 PM
I am sure that I already asked this question, but I cannot find it nor the replies anywhere, so I am asking again.

We will be driving from Las Vegas on 7 Aug, but don't plan on going to Disneyland until 10 or 11 Aug. In the meantime I want to go to Universal, a tour of the stars homes and a great beach. We don't have to stay in the Anahiem area until we check into Disneyland and we will have a car. So what beach would you recommend and where to stay and lets add, why?

NotaGeek
02-18-2009, 09:41 PM
So do you want to stay up North closer to Universal? Universal isn't near Disneyland ... it can be 2 hours drive. So are you looking for a beach more in the LA area or near DLR? It totally depends on where you want to stay.

Here's a thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=113506&highlight=Best+Beaches+in+the+Southern+California+ Area)about beaches closer to the OC.

There's lots of beaches more in the LA area -- which puts you closer to Univeral City and Hollywood/Beverly Hills (Santa Monica has a great beach) ... but staying on or near any beach in LA/OC can be pretty $$.

I am going to pop this over the the Vacations beyond disney forum. :thumbsup:

doodleboy
02-18-2009, 10:22 PM
Why not go right from Vegas South on Int.15 right into San Diego? Plenty of good beaches there. Look up Coronado Island and Hotel Del Coronado. You don't have to stay there $$$$, but some other hotels in area. Beach in front of Hotel Del is full of white sand and Coronado Island is a great place to relax. You can also visit Mission and Pacific Beaches in San Diego. Very nice beaches and you really get a feel for the Southern CA beach lifestyle. LaJolla is a stones throw from Pacific Beach or PB as it is called by locals, very wealthy area that has some great spots to eat and hang out. There is also a children's beach there that last I visited was being taken over by the Sea Lions. You can also visit Sea World, San Diego Zoo, and the Wild Animal Park, which it on the way to LA.

You can also stay in Newport Beach in Orange County. Also a good spot to relax, but I think that could be $$$ too. But it would be an hour to DL from there. If you want to stay in LA I would stay near Santa Monica pier/beach. Good location for almost anything you want in the area.

In short there are lots of great beach towns from Santa Barbara north of LA to Coronado just south of San Diego. Have a blast, and if you win in Vegas do it up.:party: