PDA

View Full Version : Horse and Carriage rides

Yungbuck73
02-18-2009, 04:00 PM
Hello all, I am new to this board and a 15 time guest to WDW, 2 times to DL and we are going to WDW in April for our 9th anniversary. While I was on the phone booking our dining reservations, the agent mentioned that at Port Orleans and at Fort Wilderness they have horse and carriage rides at night. He said they were very romantic and I was wondering if anyone had any more info. It will just be Wife and myself-we are both in mid 30's and just wondering if anybody has done this and which one.
Also we are doing the Hoop Dee Doo musical revue for the 1st time and from what I read everyone loves it. Any further revues would be appreciated.

Wishmaker
02-18-2009, 07:13 PM
DH and I stayed at POR for our anniversary. We did not do the the carriage ride, but only because time did not allow. The horses were beautiful and the resort itself is romantic. I don't feel you could go wrong. I will keep an eye out for everyone elses opinion along with you. Not sure of cost or time limit, but I believe it would be a very very romantic :cloud9: ride for you both. I hope you do it and enjoy.

thumper13
02-18-2009, 07:23 PM
We did the carriage ride at the Wilderness camp ground in October 2008. I would recommend going to POR as it's not as much bus transportation to get to. The ride is about a half hour and somewhere around $35 a carriage. We did enjoy the WL but it was a little too much hopping from one bus to the next to get there.

BugeyedMuggy
02-19-2009, 09:46 AM
We did both carriage rides and the Fort Wilderness is more romantic as it goes thru the woods area and your mostly alone where the POR has more people walking around. Depends what you like. You can bring wine along to make it alittle more special if you want.

faline
02-19-2009, 12:06 PM
We've done the Fort Wilderness Lodge ride twice now and have enjoyed it very much. As noted, you can bring wine (or champagne) with you if you'd like!

joelkfla
02-19-2009, 12:11 PM
Current price is $45, and reservations are available 90 days in advance at (407) WDW-PLAY.