PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Transportation Questions

DawsonAR
02-18-2009, 09:53 AM
We will be flying into MCO on a Friday night and staying the night at the Hyatt at the airport. The next morning we want to go to our resort and then head to the parks. We will have our luggage with us at that time. Can we use Magical Express?
In the past we have always used a limo service and had a luggage vechicle follow us. We have a wheelchair with us as well as luggage. The luggage vehicle in past has been at a reduced rate. This isn't the case anymore.
I would like to save this money, but I'm concerned about using Magical Express with the wheelchair and since we will actually have our luggage with us.
Any thoughts? Advice? Thanks

faline
02-18-2009, 10:01 AM
My understanding is that you can use Magical Express the day you check into your Disney resort. If you have your luggage with you, it will be stowed in the area under the bus for the ride to the resort.

Will all members of your party be able to ambulate unto the bus or will you have special needs in that area? If so, you may need to be sure that Magical Express understands what is needed. I'm not sure if all their buses are accessible.

DawsonAR
02-18-2009, 10:08 AM
Thanks so much for the quick reply. My DD will have to remain in her wheelchair. I can let them know what time we will be leaving the airport.

If they store our luggage, do we get it upon arrival or does it arrive later. Either way is OK, just wonder what to expect.

Thanks

TinkerbellT421
02-18-2009, 10:52 AM
If you store your luggage under the bus they will give it to you right off the bus when you arrive. If you want you can request bell services to store it for you if your room is not ready yet and then you can have it delivered to your room through bell services when the room is ready.

SBETigg
02-18-2009, 12:26 PM
I didn't think you could use DME if you're not taking it right after your flight. They follow your flight information and expect you to arrive accordingly. I plan on doing the same thing, staying at the airport a night, but I thought I would have to arrange my own transportation in that event. I'm curious if anyone has a definitive answer on this.

DawsonAR
02-18-2009, 12:39 PM
I talked with DME a few minutes ago on the phone. They said it is possible, however, I need to call the day before a remind them that I'm not on a flight and the time I will be leaving the airport.

I'm a little nervous, but we will see.

faline
02-18-2009, 12:40 PM
My understanding is that you are eligible to use the service the day you are slated to check-in at Disney and the day you are slated to check-out at Disney.

SBETigg
02-18-2009, 12:43 PM
Interesting, thanks for the news. It seems like it might be more hassle than it's worth. I'm considering it, but I may just arrange for my own transportation instead.

CleveRocks
02-18-2009, 01:10 PM
I didn't think you could use DME if you're not taking it right after your flight. They follow your flight information and expect you to arrive accordingly. I plan on doing the same thing, staying at the airport a night, but I thought I would have to arrange my own transportation in that event. I'm curious if anyone has a definitive answer on this.
There is NO requirement that you fly and use DME on the same day. There's not even a requirement that you fly at all, ever.

As long as you are named on a Walt Disney World resort reservation, you are entitled to a ride from MCO to your resort on or after your check-in day, as well as a ride from your resort to MCO on or before your check-out day.

You don't need to give them "pretend" or "fake" flight information. You can tell them straight-up that you're staying at the airport the night before, or are dropping off your rental car at the airport (after the first part of your trip elsewhere in Florida), and so on.

HOWEVER, you'll need to tell this to DME directly, rather than to someone at the Disney Reservations Center; DRC CMs don't know all the ins and outs of DME. But if you call DME directly at 866-599-0951, they'll be able to take your proper DME reservation and make it easy for you.

Another HOWEVER, you can't call DME any earlier than 60 days prior to your trip, because they don't have access to your resort reservation in the database until that time (and this is necessary, as you can't qualify to use DME unless you have a resort reservation).

DawsonAR
02-18-2009, 01:50 PM
I will call DME directly. At the reservation center they made me give my flight information (which is a day early). She said she would make a note that we weren't going on DME until the next day, but she had to put the flight information in. I thought that was strange.

I will call them directly at our 60 day mark. Thanks