PDA

View Full Version : Masks in Italy (World Showcase)?

Tygger7
02-18-2009, 08:32 AM
I hoping there are some CM's out there that may be able to help me with a question. My DD16 will be traveling to WDW over Spring Break and many of her friends have asked her to pick up masks for them in Italy. (The high school prom is a masquerade ball theme this year, so everyone is looking for unique masks.) Her friends are giving her money to get the masks, however we have no idea what price ranges they are so we can tell them how much to send. Does anyone know a broad price range for the masks in Italy? Are there any other places that sell masks that you would recommend? Thanks in advance for your responses!! :mickey:

AwPhooey
02-18-2009, 08:53 AM
I checked another Disney site and it said that "small Venetian masks" were $20.

Tygger7
02-18-2009, 03:01 PM
So, if I tell the kids to give $40, they should be able to get something decent? If the masks aren't that much, we can always return the difference. Does that sound like a reasonable amount? I'm just concerned because I know some things you think would be "cheap" end up being quite expensive...like the Fez hats in Morocco.

wdwnomad
02-18-2009, 10:27 PM
They can be pretty pricey. I got my mom one in September. It was a full face one and was $75 (can't remember exactly). The ones that go over your eyes are most likely a little cheaper. $40-$50 for them sounds reasonable. Better to be safe than sorry. It all depends on how elaborate they are.

My mom collects masks so I we checked in all of the stores. Italy is the only one that I remember have ones that you can actually wear. Masks found in the other countries are either ceramic or some other breakable material.