PDA

View Full Version : Do Early Park Hours = Low Crowds?

Buttercup
02-17-2009, 09:04 PM
I'm a believer that if the parks are only open from say, 9am - 8pm, that they aren't anticipating large crowds. (As opposed to times when they're open 8am - midnight, etc.) So if they're closing early each day, would you agree that they aren't expecting a huge attendance?

I'm going in mid-March which I know is typically a busier time of year. I've never minded the crowds in March but I don't remember the parks closing so early that time of year.

They aren't even having EMHs both morning and evening on those days. It's either/or morning EMH or evening EMH.

Strmchsr
02-17-2009, 10:25 PM
In the past that's been a pretty decent indicator, but right now it seems they're closing early as cost-cutting measure, and so it seems to have less indication on crowds, though I'm sure there's still some. How's that for vague?

beksy
02-18-2009, 09:09 AM
You really cleared that up! ;) Just kidding, you did better than I could. :thumbsup:

DizneyRox
02-18-2009, 09:29 AM
I would say that park hours are still a good indication of the attendence.

Disney is a master planner and they can plan around hours bringing in a certain amount of profit, etc. Remember, they have been doing this a long time, then know what occupancy levels in the hotels will equate to what attendence int he parks, and what the attendence does for profits, etc. Tying that to the hours of operation allows them to maximize profits.

So, reduced park hours ARE a cost cutting measure, but they wouldn't cut them unless the profits aren't there. It's like the great circle of life.