PDA

View Full Version : silly ?

nicjohn3
02-17-2009, 08:12 PM
I just read another post that said the headaches that he went through because they expressed checked him out even though he did not want to be.

My question--If I would tell the cm at check in that I want to have express checkout, but the day or two before I leave, could I apply the remaining amount of my gift card to my room charges and then the rest would be applied to my credit card at check out time?

I dont want to get stuck with the gift card since I want to use it mostly for my tips and a few snacks that I may apply to my WDW card.
Thanks

Wayne
02-17-2009, 08:20 PM
I wouldn't think that this scenario would create a problem. It is the equivalent of paying cash on your account.

Iluvpooh
02-17-2009, 09:46 PM
That was me with the express check out problem and I can say yes you can apply your gift card to your room charges before check out. I reached my room limit of $500 and went down and cleared $350 off a few days before we checked out. (also before the disasterous check out)
Yes, I know we bought too much stuff.:blush:

Luv Eeyore
02-18-2009, 12:07 PM
We've actually done that in the past and had no problem whatsoever.

TheRustyScupper
02-18-2009, 01:10 PM
1) No problem.
2) Done many times each day.

chrisie703
02-18-2009, 04:06 PM
I give them my gift card at checkin and then charge everything to my room. They will deduct the gift card from your room charges, then charge the remaining balance on your CC.:thumbsup:

nicjohn3
02-18-2009, 07:57 PM
I give them my gift card at checkin and then charge everything to my room. They will deduct the gift card from your room charges, then charge the remaining balance on your CC.:thumbsup:

So you will have a balance of -200.00 on your room before leaving the front check in counter-I am supposing?

If that is the case-good idea, then I wont have to fight crowds at check-in desk during the week and remembering to the counter before last day.