PDA

View Full Version : CRT for Dinner

Duchess99
02-17-2009, 02:19 PM
I will be going to WDW in September for my honeymoon. I've never been to CRT and thought it may be nice for dinner with Wishes. But it seems like it is a HUGE draw for kids and that it could be rather loud. Nothing against kids, but we will be on our honeymoon and are looking for quieter, romantic dinners. Do you think we will enjoy it and is it worth the 2 TS credits? The price fixed menu doesn't seen that great for 2 TS.
Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

DDuck66
02-17-2009, 03:27 PM
We have been for both breakfast and dinner and enjoyed them both. We do not have kids and the dinner was not as bad as the breakfast with the noise. Is it worth the 2 credits?? In MHO, I would say not. There are some really great restaurants that take 2 credits that are nicer and more romantic. I would go to Cal Grill and watch Wishes from there.
The big draw for CRT is to be able to eat in the castle. There is not really that good a view from inside.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-17-2009, 05:49 PM
I don't think that it is worth the 2 credits, but we ate dinner at CRT on our honeymoon and it was nice...there is something about eating in the castle. They decorated our table and we have souvenier champagne glasses. The service was wonderful :thumbsup:

So, it might be something that you want to pay for, instead of using the credits.

Duchess99
02-18-2009, 02:44 PM
Thanks...I think if we do decide to go there we will pay out of pocket and save the 2TS for Cali Grill or Narcossee's.

SBETigg
02-18-2009, 02:49 PM
I've dined in the castle, once on my honeymoon, once as a kid. As a kid, it was pretty neat to be in the castle. On my honeymoon, it was not worth it. We were surrounded by loud kids, as we fully expect at WDW, but it just wasn't all that exciting to eat there just to say we were in the castle. We've had amazing meals at Narcoossee's, California Grill (where you have great food, service, a more adult atmosphere- and a fantastic view of the castle), and even some one credit places like Chefs de France and Grand Floridian Cafe, that were far better than what we had at the castle. I think it's overrated for adults, but a thrill for the kids.

joonyer
02-18-2009, 05:33 PM
Unless you are a "princess", going to CRT expecting a romantic fine dining experience will be a huge let down. Mediocre food, slow service and of course you can't see the castle when you are inside it.
As others have suggested, you would much more enjoy going to a true signature restaurant; I would highly recommend California Grill, especially during Wishes. A truly memorable dining experience. You will not be disappointed.