PDA

View Full Version : Table service dining reviews 2/7-2/13

dfamasb
02-17-2009, 10:49 AM
2/7 Ohana - A
Ohana is a must-do every trip for us as it's always wonderful. This visit was no exception! There had been a couple of menu changes since our last visit in 12/06, but we all agreed they were for the better. Loved the newer dumplings and noodles! Everything else was as tasty as always.

2/8 Whispering Canyon Cafe - B+
This was a new one for us. We all ordered the skillet and all enjoyed it very much. I didn't much care for my pecan pie dessert though...would order something different next time. Didn't witness any of the antics that supposedly go on, but we were the last people out of the restaurant at lunchtime so that might have had something to do with it. Great service!!

2/9 Tusker House - A
This was another new one for us and we LOVED it!! In fact, we all agreed that we liked it much more than Boma. Would definitely return!! Great selection of different foods for the picky and the adventurous.

2/10 Biergarten - B
Yet another new restaurant for us. I loved that atmosphere and the show here, but would have liked a little more selection with the food. Everything I had was good though, just not as many choices as I was expecting.

2/11 Kona Cafe - A
You guessed it, another new one! I had the Polynesian Platter with the Peanut Chicken. Very yummy!! Also loved the Chocolate Banana Creme Brulee. It got mixed reviews from others in my party, but everyone would return.

2/12 50's Prime Time Cafe - A
We have been to the cafe in the past but not for a trip or two. I had the meatloaf, pb&j shake and smores and all were scrumptious!! We had a fabulously funny waitress and had a blast! The men weren't thrilled with the spinach potato gratin that came with their meals but everything else was great.

2/13 Garden Grill - B-
The last of our new restaurants. This was easily the least favorite meal for me. I don't care for fish so that left me with turkey and steak. The steak was dry and chewy, but the turkey was good. Didn't much care for the carrots and turnips served. We had children in the party so they brought out mac & cheese and chicken nuggets along with the potatoes and stuffing. One platter brought out for 7 people wasn't much, had to order more immediately. Dessert was good, but had to have them bring out 3 so everyone got some. I understand that they don't want to waste food, but the small portions originally brought out were a bit ridiculous!! Character interaction was great. Chip came around at least 4 times and everyone else 3 times. And we weren't packed in like you tend to be at Crystal Palace. Would probably try a different character meal next time.

the other micki
02-17-2009, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the reviews! Sounds like you had a great dining experience overall. We'll be trying Ohana, WCC, and 50's PTC for the first time this trip. Hopefully, there will be more antics at WCC during our dinner there.

SBETigg
02-17-2009, 12:20 PM
Spinach potato gratin sounds really delicious to me. It doesn't sound like Garden Grill was a big hit. Are you being generous with the B- grade or was it still good for you despite the things you mention? Thanks for your reviews.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-17-2009, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the reports

dfamasb
02-17-2009, 12:39 PM
Spinach potato gratin sounds really delicious to me. It doesn't sound like Garden Grill was a big hit. Are you being generous with the B- grade or was it still good for you despite the things you mention? Thanks for your reviews.

Probably would have gotten a average C grade if not for the great character interaction and a nice server.

SBETigg
02-17-2009, 12:50 PM
Probably would have gotten a average C grade if not for the great character interaction and a nice server.

Thanks. Despite never having been, I recently included it on a list of recommendations to a family headed to WDW so I wanted to make sure I could feel good about adding that one. I wouldn't want to steer anyone wrong.

AmandaChan
02-18-2009, 05:37 PM
I LOVE the pb&j shakes at 50'S Prime Time!! DH and I almost went back on our last night just for a shake.