PDA

View Full Version : Crowds last week

belleandcinderellasmom
02-17-2009, 10:10 AM
We just visited the World 2/12 - 2/15 and found the crowds to be really bad. I know the weekend was before the holiday weekend but even Thursday was busy for us all day long! Our band performed at DTD on Friday night and the show was awesome. Kudos to the Disney Staff that coordinated the show. It was very well orchestrated and they were wonderful providing the dressing rooms to change (cool to see that area of Disney even though no pictures could be taken) and we had personal guide to lead us to DTD and help us set up there. Our kids really had a great time and the chaperones were all Pooped! Trying to do Disney in 3 days is just not possible!

MickeyMousse
02-17-2009, 10:20 AM
We were there 2/1-2/10 and it was indeed crowded!!! Then we were told they had some events going on all at the same time: the National Cheerleading Championship, Dance with Disney and quite a few international tour groups.
We encountered all of these huge groups everywhere we went......and sometimes observed the cheerleaders suddenly stopping in the middle of the street/sidewalk to do a cheer-complete with pyramid, jumps, etc..... Had to wonder why security (or their chaperones)didn't put a quick kebosh on that....

deedeenmickey
02-17-2009, 11:43 AM
I was there with Dh for a quick trip 2/12 -2/15 and this was the MOST crowded I have ever seen it and we have been in the summer 3 times. I was amazed you could barely walk for all the peole. I thought with the economy and it being February we would be okay. Even though Monday was the holiday I never in my wildest dreams expected it to be so crowded. We hardly rode any rides because we go fairly often we are not willing to wait too long for the rides. Most were over an hour and the biggies were 90 - 120 minute waits- No Way! We did fast pass for TSM at 8:15 on EMH morning the park didn't open til 9 and there was a 60 minute wait and our fast passes were for Noon!

dfamasb
02-17-2009, 05:46 PM
We were there 2/7-2/14 and were very disappointed to see how crowded it was. Seems like there isn't a quiet time to go anymore which will mean fewer trips cause we HATE it when it's crowded!

MonoMan
02-19-2009, 09:38 PM
We were at WDW from Feb 7th to the 14th, which is typically the time of year we visit - this was by far the most crowded it has been. We joked that the economy must not be that bad because there were SO MANY people:)

faline
02-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Sorry to hear it was so crowded! Hope everyone still had a good time!