mouseketeer mom
02-16-2009, 07:12 PM
Cast
Me, Lisa
DH Steve
DD Katie 14
DD Khloe turning 13 on our trip!!
DS Kai 9

We were originally scheduled to take our next trip in November of last year, over Thanksgiving time. I never thought I would say this, but after the death of my father in September, and the approaching holidays, I just didn't have the push to pull the Thanksgiving trip off. I was distracted, and didn't have the mind set to organize a WDW vacation. Needless to say, I knew the kids would be crushed as well with cancelling, so a backup plan was needed. We needed to have other dates in mind. I mentioned it to the kids and my 12 year old daughter Khloe, our middle child, said "How 'bout my birthday"? (her BD is March 8th)..well, we thought this was perfect!!! Khloe is the kind of child who rarely asks for anything. She is sandwiched between an outgoing older sister, and an adorable, funny, younger brother. She goes along with their wishes most of the time and although she is so very easy to please, it is rare that she asks for something of her own. So this was ideal. Not only could we make this trip all about her, but it was a special birthday! 13! This is a terrific milestone for us as Khloe was born prematurely, not even breathing on her own! Now she is turning 13, and is healthy, strong, tall and very pretty. What a perfect place to celebrate Khloe! WDW!
We gave Khloe the choice of resorts. She choose the Polynesian. No surprise there, its everybodys favorite in my house! I was secretly wishing she would've chose WL, as its been awhile since we stayed there, but we are all thrilled with the Poly. I told Khloe we are staying Garden View this time, not club level as usual. She will be surprised when we head over to the Hawaii bldg. as we actually are staying club level! We love the Hawaii bldg., and it will be one more surprise for Khloe.
Khloe surprised us all and chose Biergarten for her BD dinner. Her and her brother had a blast dancing there a couple of years ago and she remembers it fondly.
So here's the plan...
Arrival day! A morning flight out, we should arrive at the Poly by 1pm. We will spend the afternoon either by a quick trip to MK, or swimming in the Volcano pool. Dinner is at Ohana's in the evening. Our traditional first night dinner. Fireworks on the beach, and we are home.:cloud9:
Day 2- Breakfast in the lounge, and MK here we come! Lunch at the Plaza (our first time there), back to the Poly for swimming or water mice, and Tokyo Dining for dinner. Our first time there as well!
Day 3- Happy Birthday Khloe! The Poly will have balloons and a card signed by the Little Mermaid and Nemo and friends. She loves the sea and anything to do with it. Breakfast in the lounge and then off to Fort Wilderness for horseback riding. Lunch will follow at Trails End. Our first time there too. Khloe's favorite food is fried chicken, and we rarely have it, so she will be thrilled. We will boat it over to the MK after lunch to get her BD gift card! The rest of the afternoon is up to her. MK, swimming, another park, its her choice. Dinner tonight at Biergarten in Epcot. I will have a cake waiting for her there.
Day 4-1900 Park Fare for breakfast, then the DVC Bay Lake Tower tour later in the am. Playing at the resort for awhile after, then off to DHS. Fantasmic package at Mama Melroses tonight!
Day 5- Kona's for Breakfast. We just can't miss it here. We always get the same thing. Tonga toast for the girls, Macadamia Nut pancakes for DH and I, and Mickey pancakes for Kai. Pressed Pot of coffee and that amazing blended tropical juice and we are good to go!
Steve and Khloe then head to Epcot for the Aqua Seas tour. Their 4th time!! Its their "thing" together. Its so neat to see how they are changing in their dive photos over the years! Katie, Kai and I will do a park together. Probably MK or Epcot. Then we will meet them by the tanks at swim time to watch them! Dinner afterwards at Le Cellier. We will end our night with fireworks from the lounge.
Day 6- Home for us today! This is a quicky trip this time around. We are so grateful to be able to go back to WDW in these crazy times. We are so happy to be celebrating our wonderful daughter during this trip to WDW!
Thanks for reading, and I'll report back when we return!
Lisa

Disneyfan1971
02-16-2009, 07:24 PM
Ohhh sounds like you've got a good plan :) We're going in June but staying at Pop..The Poly was booked when I called to reserve our trip!!

Pirate Granny
02-16-2009, 08:02 PM
Your trip sounds PERFECT...a great blend of parks and other activities...I know your family will have a wonderful time.
:pirate:

yourmagicalguide
02-17-2009, 10:37 AM
Your schedule sounds wonderful - and should make your daughter's birthday so special and memorable :mickey:

Can't wait to read your reports :D

DizNee143
02-17-2009, 10:44 AM
sounds like its going to be a great trip!! hope you guys have a wonderful vacation..cant wait to read all about it when you get back!! :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
02-17-2009, 02:49 PM
Yay, finally a pre trip report!!! I can't wait to read about it when you get back. Your plans all sound great! Khloe is going to have the best birthday ever!

SBETigg
02-17-2009, 03:18 PM
Great plan! Jam-packed with fun activities. I think Khloe will have an amazing birthday and you'll all have a memorable, fantastic time.

PrettyMinnie
02-17-2009, 06:34 PM
Can't wait to read about the trip when you get back. Hope your daughter has an amazing WDW birthday!! :minnie:

RedSoxFan
02-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Sounds like a great plan. Have a great time and Happy 13th Birthday to Khloe.:mickey:

princessgirls
02-18-2009, 02:14 PM
Lisa!

You have planned a wonderful trip!

Happy Birthday Khloe!!

I look forward to reading your reports!!

Julie:mickey:

yjgirl32
02-19-2009, 04:32 PM
Sounds like you will have a great time. Happy Birthday Khloe. Enjoy. Can't wait to read your reports.

TheVBs
02-19-2009, 04:44 PM
I loved reading your pre-trip report! Khloe is a lucky girl. :mickey: Can't wait to hear how things go. Aloha!

Mackflava99
02-24-2009, 09:59 AM
Lisa- my family and i wish you all the best-
Taylor and Mackenzie are send their birthday wishes to Khloe too-

You have it all planned very well.
I think i may hire you to plan ours for us in June :)

Bryan

mouseketeer mom
02-24-2009, 10:33 AM
Lisa- my family and i wish you all the best-
Taylor and Mackenzie are send their birthday wishes to Khloe too-

You have it all planned very well.
I think i may hire you to plan ours for us in June :)

Bryan

Thanks Bryan!
And I'm sending those postcards again! You better get them this time!:) Lisa

the other micki
02-24-2009, 04:05 PM
Happy Birthday, Khloe! :party: Your plan sounds great! We're also starting our trip with Ohana and ending with LeCellier in April. Have a wonderful time!

murphy1
02-26-2009, 07:51 AM
How wonderful for Khloe and your whole family, Lisa!! I had a wonderful bday there and I know she will!! Can't wait to hear when you guys get back!

faline
02-27-2009, 07:27 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss.

Sounds like this will be a very special trip for Khloe!

mickey&missy
03-01-2009, 10:39 AM
It sounds like you have a great trip planned Lisa!!

Happy Birthday Khloe!! My DD, Dorothy, is turning 8 on March 9th! We celebrated her birthday at WDW last year!!

John and I leave in 22 days for our anniversary trip!! I can't wait to get to Poly!!!

DizneyFreak2002
03-01-2009, 05:24 PM
Sounds like you have a great trip planned... Have fun!!!

mouseketeer mom
03-01-2009, 10:54 PM
Thanks everyone, for the good wishes! Right now its snowing like crazy outside my patio doors..I checked ahead to the weather in Orlando a week from today on Khloe's BD and it says sunny and 83 degrees! I can't believe that I will go from a blizzard to sun and 83 degrees this week. Again, thanks for all the kind words..It still doesn't seem real to me though..I don't think its sunk in yet that I'm going!!

mouseketeer mom
03-05-2009, 06:46 AM
Tomorrow this time we'll be on our way to the airport!!!!!!!!
It doesn't even seem real to me yet!:mickey:

mouseketeer mom
03-14-2009, 10:04 AM
Well, I can't believe the trip has come and gone! I'm starting my trip report soon!:mickey:

Bethis26fan
03-15-2009, 01:29 PM
Sounds like a wonderful plan.

thejens
03-31-2009, 11:01 PM
It sounds like a wonderful trip you have in store. I am so touched by your special celebration of your sweet daughter. I am also sorry to hear about your loss of your father. My mother just passed away and we are all heartbroken. We have a WDW trip planned for the first week of June and I am hoping somehow by then our hearts won't feel so heavy. I am hoping Disney will help us to keep our happy memories and let go of some of the sadness. I hope your trip does the same for you and your family.