PDA

View Full Version : When do ticket prices increase?

csdavis
02-16-2009, 11:12 AM
We are going the end of the year and I'm thinking I should try to get our tickets before prices go up. Can I buy them a few months before we use them? How much do they usually go up each year on average for a hopper?

beksy
02-16-2009, 11:17 AM
It's my understanding that you can buy them before you use them and then the time limit (14 days unless you get the no-exiration option) doesn't start until their first use. I don't know how much they usually increase but someone should be along shortly with that answer!

crazypoohbear
02-16-2009, 11:37 AM
They can go up whenever disney feels like raising the prices :blush:;)
You can buy tickets now and not use them for 10 years and they will be good as long as they have not been activated.

DizneyRox
02-16-2009, 12:13 PM
In the past, I think tickets have usually gone up May and September or so? I remember that regular tixkets went up one month (I think May) and the APs went up the other. Now it seems that whenever they need the cash, they raise the prices.

I would fully expect this years ticket increase (and there will be one) will probably be a doozy! I'm thinking a lot of people will think that an admission price DECREASE is in order, but I assure you that won't happen. Labor, gas, insurance, etc is all going up, ticket prices will too.

My advice is to pick up tickets as soon as you can afford to. I buy tickets all the time knowing I'll use them eventually. With these new 14 day expiration restrictions it makes the choices a little harder, but the AP is still a pretty good option, especially for us DVCers.

King Triton
02-16-2009, 05:23 PM
If you can swing it, I'd go ahead and get them now. I've found it nice to get that expense out of the way. They won't expire...any time limits kick in when you activate them.

If I remember correctly, the past couple of increases have been around the beginning of August. That doesn't mean they'll be same this year.

If you pay attention to the boards, the announcement of the increase is usually a few days before the increase occurs...but its only a few days.