PDA

View Full Version : Little extras at DHS

the other micki
02-16-2009, 12:24 AM
Can someone please tell me about the well near Indy Jones Show and the Singin' in the Rain lightpost? I've heard about these in the past, but can't remember any details. TIA!

JavaDuck
02-16-2009, 12:45 AM
I have yet to be to the Indiana Jones show, but have read that you should pull on the rope that is in the well.

The Singing in the Rain lamppost I think is located down the street from the stunt show. If you grab the handel and stand on it the correct way (just like the movie) you can make it rain. Great spot for a picture. We attracted a few other guests after they saw us making it rain.

Have fun!

goofy78
02-16-2009, 03:29 AM
that sounds cool! i have never heard of it before. will have to check that one out on the next trip. :mickey:

alilprincessmom99
02-16-2009, 09:36 AM
As many times as I have been to the parks, I have not experiences either one of these little extras! I guess I will have to make those "must do" stops for my trip in May!

Giggy
02-16-2009, 04:32 PM
Never seen the umbrella, though I have ehard of it on here before. We have stumbled across the well a couple of times without really looking for it. Ofcourse with a big sign saying not to pull the rope......we did.:mickey:

Wishmaker
02-16-2009, 08:48 PM
I have yet to be to the Indiana Jones show, but have read that you should pull on the rope that is in the well.

The Singing in the Rain lamppost I think is located down the street from the stunt show. If you grab the handel and stand on it the correct way (just like the movie) you can make it rain. Great spot for a picture. We attracted a few other guests after they saw us making it rain.

Have fun!

My daughter and I actually figured out there is a square pad down in front. If you step on that it rains. Then we jump up on it and take pictures. And you are correct, it is by the entrance to the stunt show.
I hope you all find it and take the most memorable pictures, I know we did. :mickey:

TheVBs
02-16-2009, 09:34 PM
I only just read about the well, and never knew about the lamppost! I'm looking forward to finding both while we're there. :D

CanadianWDWFan
02-16-2009, 10:29 PM
It is just down the street from the Honey I shrunk the kids playground. Me check it out every time we are there. Unfortunately for us, the last time down it wasn't working.:(

Here is a picture (http://www.flickr.com/photos/10566431@N04/1583668126/) of my two boys on it. If you look at my oldest's feet, you can see that he is standing on the metal pad and holding onto the handle.

We get a kick out of the well, we always pull on it and then watch the reactions from everyone around us. It is really one of those things that not very many folks know about.

the other micki
02-16-2009, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the pic! Now I know exactly what to look for!