PDA

View Full Version : Character Breakfast - What to do??

wgbuck
02-15-2009, 10:23 PM
I'm throwing together a last minute quick trip to Magic Kingdom. I'm taking my wife and 2 girls (one is two years old, one is three years old). Neither of the kids has been before, ... so it should be exciting. Here's my question, ... both CRT and Chef Mickey are booked solid for the three days we're going to be there. What other character breakfast would you all recommend? Much thanks in advance.

disneyboy98
02-15-2009, 11:24 PM
We have not done this one yet but I have heard really good things about it:

The Crystal Palace at the MK has a character meal with Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Piglet, and a few others from the Hundred Acre Wood. If your girls are anything like my neice they may be familiar with the Playhouse Disney show "My Friend's Tigger and Pooh".

This would be your best bet as long as you aren't thinking about having a meal with Mickey or the Princesses.

Plus, I hear that the food is really really good!

"DoYouHaveYourParkPass?"
02-15-2009, 11:58 PM
:mickey: I believe Cape May has a character breakfast. We have not done it yet but we hear good things about it. It's on the list for April.

the other micki
02-16-2009, 12:00 AM
I would consider breakfast at Akershus in Norway at Epcot since you have girls. There are princesses there :princess: !

princessesmom
02-16-2009, 08:03 AM
Ohana's at the Poly has a character breakfast. It is Lilo, Mickey, Pluto, and maybe one more character. That wold be convenient from the MK and it was quite good when we were there a few years back. It is not a buffet, though. The food is served family style and all-you-can-eat.

yjgirl32
02-16-2009, 08:28 AM
Two votes for Akersus. We will be going there in Sept. I haven't been there yet- but from the pictures it looks really nice inside.

Madame Leona
02-16-2009, 08:48 AM
I really like 'Ohana. The character interaction, food and service are very good. The real plus on this one is that it is family style. I think that is much easier with little ones since you don't have to keep getting up and down and you won't miss a character coming to your table while you are getting your food.

Charlee
02-16-2009, 10:09 AM
In the Magic Kingdom it has to be the Crystal Palace for me! My family loves this place and it wouldn't be a Disney World holiday for us without breakfast with Pooh and friends!

The breakfast selection is good, the characters interaction has always been good and the atmosphere is great. Its always so magical to be eating breakfast in the middle of the MK, planning the rest of the day... :cloud9:

Mousemates
02-16-2009, 10:24 AM
I think it kind of depends on which characters your girls will be excited to see... the Supercalifragilistic Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare gives you Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland & the Mad Hatter. We did this one a few years back and enjoyed both the character interaction and the food. However, if your kids are heart-set on the like of mickey, donald, goofy, etc. this would not be a good choice.

TinkerMel
02-16-2009, 03:24 PM
We had dinner at 1900 Park Fare with Cinderella, Prince Charming, the step-mother, and the step-sisters. They were a hoot. At the time, my DD was 5, and my DS was 3. They got the biggest kick out of the step-sisters. My son still talks about the "the green one" asking him on a date (Drizella had on a green dress). The characters were very much playing their roles. They spent lots of time with the guests. It was our favorite character meal.

MickeyMousse
02-16-2009, 05:50 PM
Cape May at Beach Club has a great character breakfast buffet-it was one of the highlights of our trip and a wonderful way to end our vacation!! It is now a "must do" for future trips!:thumbsup:

jakeybake
02-16-2009, 06:09 PM
I think the character breakfast at Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club is the best on property. The character interaction is great and you get to see Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Chip and Dale.

IMHO best character experience, breakfast or dinner, on propertyl

Jay

brownie
02-16-2009, 09:33 PM
Welcome to Intercot!

Our favorite character breakfast is Goofy's Beach Bash at Cape May Cafe in the Beach Club Resort.

wgbuck
02-17-2009, 08:38 AM
I'm pleasantly surprised to see there is no consensus. Bottom line, ... it seems like everything is a winner! I think we're going to try Akershus, ... since my girls are extremely fascinated with all of the princesses.

TinkerbellT421
02-17-2009, 08:50 AM
I would definitely go with Akershus. And it comes with free photos, 1 free 8x10 and 4 4x6's included in the price of the breakfast so is totally free. DBF and I did Akershus in January, and definitely do it again, not so much for the food, but for the princesses. I think you will all enjoy it.

Disney Doll
02-17-2009, 09:34 AM
We really like the Crystal Palace breakfast with Pooh and friends. We have also done the Norway princess breakfast and thought it was good too. Lots of girls dress up for the princess meals. Certainly not all, but dressing up is an option and would be lots of fun IMHO.

stitchaholic
02-17-2009, 02:36 PM
tusker house at AK has a good one as well,it is the only place to see daisy duck and mickey and goofy are there as well!