PDA

View Full Version : Where is the stuffed french toast?

delicateflower
02-15-2009, 08:36 PM
We went to the character breakfast at Cinderella's Castle about 3 years ago, and they had this stuffed french toast that my boyfriend and I absolutely loved! Does anyone know where else they serve this french toast?

DixieBelle
02-15-2009, 09:09 PM
Not sure where you can find the Stuffed Toast at any other restaurant at WDW, but Intercot has the recipe for it. Check the tab at the top of the page labeled info central. :tasty:

INTERCOT > Info Central > Dining > Recipes > Tonga Toast

all4djcc
02-15-2009, 09:31 PM
We actually made it at home a few weeks ago. It was great but I kept looking around for a princess to take a picture of. :thumbsup:

javamama
02-15-2009, 10:24 PM
Kona Cafe has it, and Capt Cooks has it in the Poly

Bethanymouse
02-16-2009, 01:02 AM
The Kona does offer it, and yes it is delicious!

delicateflower
02-16-2009, 01:04 AM
thank you so much...we'll definitely be making a stop there for breakfast. maybe if i am adventurous enough i will try to make it at home! thank you again!!

goofy78
02-16-2009, 02:36 AM
thank you so much...we'll definitely be making a stop there for breakfast. maybe if i am adventurous enough i will try to make it at home! thank you again!!

yes, it is definitely a tasty treat. and :welcome: to intercot delicateflower.

goofy78
02-16-2009, 02:42 AM
Not sure where you can find the Stuffed Toast at any other restaurant at WDW, but Intercot has the recipe for it. Check the tab at the top of the page labeled info central. :tasty:

INTERCOT > Info Central > Dining > Recipes > Tonga Toast

thanks for the tip on the recipes! :thumbsup:
my wife is in her third trimester now and will be craving this every morning!

DixieBelle
02-16-2009, 08:57 AM
I have always loved Tonga Toast. So that is what I was thinking of. I just realized that there are two different recipes for french toast. One is for Tonga Toast (Kona Cafe) and one is for Cheese French Toast (Cinderella's Royal Table)
The Tonga Toast has bananas while the Cheese French Toast is made with Cheese Danish.
:tasty: & :tasty:
Good luck finding the one you are looking for.

goofy78
02-16-2009, 05:01 PM
she would go for the tonga toast as she loves sourdough bread and bananas. she is begging me now to make it but i just had knee surgery and can't stand for too long. i was thinking it might even be good with a little peanut butter in with the bananas as she is craving that too!

delicateflower
02-16-2009, 11:35 PM
my boyfriend loves the Tonga Toast and I love the cheese filled one. I am going to try and make one of them, but seeing as he is the cook...I don't know how well it will turn out, but I am so glad that we found other places to eat them, and a recipe!! thank you so much again!

goofy78
02-21-2009, 05:05 AM
Ok, so I have made the tonga toast a couple of times now. The first time I interpreted that 4 inches of oil in the pan meant a deep fry (according to the recipe). I did not use this much but put in enough for the oil to come about half way up the bread. It came out pretty tasty. The second time I put in just enough to cover the bottom of the pan and it turned out much better in my opinion. This is a great recipe! :thumbsup: