PDA

View Full Version : What is the opinionCaptain Jacks'

Wishmaker
02-15-2009, 03:26 PM
What is the opnion of Captain Jack's? I hear alot of talk about a lot of restaurants at DTD, but no one usually mentions this one.

MickeyMousse
02-15-2009, 04:07 PM
Our first and last time was back in 11/07-the food wasn't anything great and DH and I had lobster tail and veggies that were served stone cold and sent back twice, service was fair. My lava cake dessert was missing it's lava!!!!

IMHO, skip it and spend that kind of $$ elsewhere. Try Turf Club at Saratoga or Fultons instead.

DisneyMomma23
02-15-2009, 06:01 PM
We went there for the first time in June '08 and had the DDP. DH had the the twin lobster tails and I had some sort of steak(not a fan of seafood), both were okay, DH said the lobster was about the same as what you would get at a Red Lobster. We thought the atmosphere was nice, and our server was attentive. We had ADRs and still waited over a 1/2 hour. Lots of people were trying to get in without reservations and were being turned away or having a 3 hour wait.
All that being said it's not exactly a stand out restaurant and we wouldn't go out of our way to return.

nicjohn3
02-15-2009, 07:12 PM
We have been there 2 times. The first in 3/07 paid out of pkt--Little pricey. The 2nd and last time that I will be eating there was 11/08 and we were on DDP. Ate there because we were under the impression that the lobster was still on menu, but was not. Not worth the price this time. Very disappointing. We had to wait both times at least 30 minutes and had ddr both times. Slow service, waitress scared us--I would try elsewhere. We have done Wolf Gang CS, but have a TS also. We enjoyed the CS.

katzctkpt
02-15-2009, 09:33 PM
We went there this past Dec and was really excited about eating there. Great location beautiful setting but the food a lot less desirable. I would choose another location to eat at.

Natazu
02-16-2009, 02:59 AM
They've really gone downhill. The menu is very limited and the food is not very good anymore. It's a shame because it used to be quite good.

goofy78
02-16-2009, 03:38 AM
meh, not that great of a choice.

comicguy
02-16-2009, 07:51 AM
We have eaten here 3 times(all on the DDP). The views are great out over the water.

The first was awesome: food and service outstnding

The second was good: food was good service was poor.

The third time was ok: the menu was severly limited from the first two trips, and the service did not improve from the previous trip.

IMHO: I would skip this and try the turf club instead(I hear great things about the place, I am going to try it on our next visit) Also try the Coral reef at EPCOT(that is a really nice experiance)

TheRustyScupper
02-16-2009, 09:45 AM
Our Ratings of Capt Jack's:

. . . food price value: B
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: B-
. . . food prep speed: C
. . . food selection: B
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff helpfulness: A

Mousemates
02-16-2009, 10:19 AM
waitress scared us--I would try elsewhere.

just wondering how she scared you?

beksy
02-16-2009, 11:14 AM
my question too!

TheRustyScupper
02-16-2009, 11:54 AM

Dorothy dropped a house on her sister.

#1donaldfan
02-16-2009, 02:21 PM
Capn' Jacks for us is on our list of NEVER AGAIN's.......actually, that list only has two on it, San Angel's at EC, and Capn' Jacks.....

....we were so darn looking forward to eating there this past December, and our wish came true, and it was one of those times when " watch what you wish for, you may just get it" applied.....

....the selection was very limited, the food was sub par, the atmosphere was good and the service was good too......but for us it's just slightly more about the food and selections than the atmospere and service....:cool:

tony2979
02-16-2009, 03:58 PM
I would give this place a take it or leave it review, but the service was certainly worth mentioning.

Had dinner with my wife, 11 and 8 year old. There was nothing that the 8 year old would consider eating on the menu, so we picked up McDonalds for him and hoped for the best.

When we checked in, I quitely informed the hostess that we had brought outside food in....She looked at me as if I were half crazy and said, "Well sure, thats no problem at all....can't have the little one hungry" I thought that was sweet.

We had dinner which was ok and desert was on its way. Our waitress was serving desert at the table beside ours and one of the kids had something with gummy worms on it. I couldn't believe our kiddo did this (he's normally pretty bashful) but he asked our waitress if he could have some worms. She said, "well, I'm sorry, but those are just for the deserts." I was going to order a desert for him when she came back, but when she returned with ours, she had a little bowl under some napkins filled with gummy worms....she leaned down and whispered to him, "Our little secret."

That was enough reason for me to give Cap'n Jacks a thumbs up! :thumbsup:

nicjohn3
02-16-2009, 06:09 PM

:) just her actions

She would ask us a question-we'd answer--she just stood there-staring at us. She would come to our table, say something, turn and stop in the middle of the aisle like she forgot what she was doing. We were eating-she came over and stood at our table with out a word.

It wasnt that she was not a nice person-just a little bit out of the ordinary. Made us more uncomfortable than anything.

One of those times that you would have a better understanding if you were there with us:mickey:

goofy78
02-16-2009, 06:26 PM
I was going to order a desert for him when she came back, but when she returned with ours, she had a little bowl under some napkins filled with gummy worms....she leaned down and whispered to him, "Our little secret."

That was enough reason for me to give Cap'n Jacks a thumbs up! :thumbsup:

even though i would not make a strong effort to go back to this restaurant it is examples like this that make disney what it is. the simple things that CM's do make all the difference and can turn a fun vacation into something magical! it is great to hear something like this about cap'n jacks even though i don't care too much for the restaurant . :thumbsup: