PDA

View Full Version : Grapefruit cake at Starring Rolls?

maestrotim
02-15-2009, 02:35 PM
I got to enjoy the grapefruit cake on my last trip to Brown Derby, but won't be able to fit the Derby in my upcoming trip to HS. I was wondering, I had read on the boards awhile ago that the grapefruit cake from Brown Derby was sometimes available at Starring Rolls. Has anyone seen it there? I hope so, I just love that cake.

disneyboy98
02-15-2009, 11:28 PM
My dad has done this on occasion:

He has gone up to the CMs at Starring Rolls Bakery and has asked if he could get a slice from the Brown Derby (why they don't just put it on their menu, I don't know). Everytime he has asked, the CM has gone through the backdoor that is shared with the Brown Derby and has come back with a piece of grapefruit cake for him. He is charged with the price that is on the menu at the Brown Derby and most of the time he slips in a couple of extra bucks to thank the CM for doing this for him.

He likes his grapefruit cake too! :thumbsup:

"DoYouHaveYourParkPass?"
02-15-2009, 11:55 PM
:thumbsup: disneyboy98 (above) is correct, the grapefruit cake is available from SRs - but you do have to ask. It is so good!! A little tip for the server at SRs is a nice little "extra" too, they do have to actually go and get it from somewhere else.

maestrotim
02-17-2009, 02:53 PM
Great, thank you so much for the tip!

MOJoe
02-20-2009, 02:39 PM
Does this work for a Cobb Salad and a Martini too? :blush:

GoofyGirl18
02-22-2009, 09:05 PM
I've never tried grapefruit cake. It sounds interesting. Is that the only place to get it?

:blush: