PDA

View Full Version : Which one: BWI or Y/BC?

Disneyfamilyof3
02-15-2009, 01:53 PM
Hello Everyone::mickey:

I need some opinions please:

I have a tentative ressie for BWI for April 20-27. However, I can't help eyeing the other side of the lake,... Problem is is that I can get BWI a/ a standard view but can only get Yacht or Beach with a water view,.. Effectively raising the price to over $350.00 more. The biggest draw for me to Y/BC is the pool,.. I love SAB :cloud9:and find the clown pool at BWI a little creepy. Am I crazy,LOL? :blush:Anyone have any opinions about what they would do if it were them? :confused:My dh said I could go ahead and book the Y or BC , but it bothers me to pay the extra $ when I could care less about the view. Thanks in advance!

TammiMcMan
02-15-2009, 02:47 PM
That's April school vacation, so the chances of a standard room opening up are a bit slim. I would keep trying though if that's the resort you really want. Final payments for packages will be due in a few weeks (for those April dates) so I would definitely mark the calendar to make those phone calls beginning on March 5th. Just call first thing in the morning as that's when the inventory is released back into the system.

In regards to standard rooms at the YC/BC though, I know you said the view isn't very important, but the standard view is pretty bad. Most of those rooms overlook the parking lot and the roof of the convention center. Our room looked at cars and the break area for CM's. We didn't spend any time on our balcony, so it wasn't a big deal for us, but I did want to mention that. If I were to book a standard room there again, I would put in a request for a gazebo view at the YC or something on the ground floor by the quiet pool at the BC.

Disneyfamilyof3
02-15-2009, 03:02 PM
Hi Tammy;

Thanks for the quick response. The April school vacations extend that far into April?? I was hoping that ,8 days after Easter Sunday, I'd be in the clear...:(

TammiMcMan
02-15-2009, 03:05 PM
Our spring vacation has nothing to do with Easter, it's always the 3rd week in April. I just double checked the school calendar and the week of the 20th is when we're off.

Disneyfamilyof3
02-15-2009, 05:28 PM
Huh.:confused:Oh, well.

I was under the impression that the week preceeding and the week after Easter were supposed to be super busy ( at least according to. Either Birnbaum's or even this site; can't remember which),.... I guess I had assumed all school vacations would have ended by the 20th:(

TammiMcMan
02-15-2009, 05:35 PM
That is kind of weird that they would deem the week before and after "Easter" as very busy times, because the holiday itself ranges between March and April every year. Maybe because college spring break usually covers that time of year as well?

ThanxForNoticin
02-16-2009, 12:57 PM
It sounds like a number of the New England schools have spring breaks later in April, but a good bit of the country will have their spring breaks in March and before Easter. Actually, there are many universities in the mid-Atlantic that have their graduations May 1 and 2! "Spring break" has almost gotten to the point that it impacts travel from President's Day weekend through the end of April.

Getting back to your original question, I think either BW or BC are excellent choices. If the pool is something very important to you, and if you are a bit 'uncomfortable' with the BW pool, then it might be worth the extra money for you to enjoy Stormalong Bay. Is it possible to reserve a lake-view room at BC/YC but be on a waitlist for a lesser view / cheaper room?

Good luck with your decision - have a great time!

MarkC
02-16-2009, 01:24 PM
You don't say what your budget can afford or the age of everyone. However, if you can do so, stay at the Beach Club. We've never really utilized the view of a room since we're seldom in it except to sleep. However, our two boys (who are now teenagers) absolutely loved Stormalong Bay. We've had trouble getting them out of there to go the parks at times. They've also tended to make friends there as well, so I guess I would be tempted to spend the extra money and stay at YC/BC. It's your call and you can't go wrong, so I'm just giving you my opinion. Good luck. Mark

Disneyfamilyof3
02-16-2009, 03:23 PM
Hello Everybody!:mickey:

Thanks for all the great input! Oh, my son is 12 going on 13. In fact, he'll be turning 13 during the trip. Both my dh and I are very active/ athletic and would utilize SAB.

Part of my problem is that we've been to the YC before, so any other deluxe would pale in comparison in my opinion. It's all about Epcot location and pool.

As far as budget: we'll definitely notice the difference of $350.00, let me put it to you that way. However, I gave my dh a trip to the Bahamas to go bone fishing for Valentine's Day, so he won't say anything if SAB matters that much to me,LOL :beer::marg:

MarkC
02-16-2009, 07:48 PM
Given those facts, I would bite the bullet and spend the cash on Beach Club. Stormalong Bay is just to good to turn down. You'll all love it. Or you could invest the $350 and watch it get cut in half instead. Mark

Disneyfamilyof3
02-16-2009, 09:01 PM
Heh,heh. That's funny:thumbsup:

Well, right after reading all these postsfrom you great folks, I called my travel agent and guess what?? They managed to get me the Beach Club with a standard view after all!! :) I puta hold on it only to have my dh do a complete turnaround and he is now complaining that he would rather pay the extra $350. Plus for the YC with a view! Sometimes, planning Disney trips can drive me insane...:drama::drama::drama::drama:;)

ThanxForNoticin
02-16-2009, 09:32 PM
Sometimes, planning Disney trips can drive me insane...:drama::drama::drama::drama:;)

Yea, but it's usually worth it!! I'm sure you'll be very happy either at BC or YC!!