PDA

View Full Version : Dining reviews from our recent trip

MickeyMousse
02-14-2009, 06:04 PM
Thanks to all of our fellow Intercotees we had some different dining experiences this trip and wanted to share our best and worst.

Places we LOVED!:
Teppan Edo-Epcot-FANTASTIC! Never been to, so it was a new experience. We had the shrimp/steak combo, steak/chicken combo and one shrimp kids meal. Appetizers were mixed tempura and sukiyaki beef sushi-the entire meal was excellent! Our hibachi chef was entertaining and because it was my DS12's bday, they brought out a surprise dessert w/a candle and sang to him. Kids are already planning to go here again on our next trip!:thumbsup:

Turf Club-Saratoga Springs-One of our faves and it did not disappoint. Angus burger, fried calamari, crab cakes, reuben sandwich. Again, DS12 had a surprise bday dessert of ice cream w/sundae fixings and a bday song. Worth the trip over to Saratoga!:number1:

Cape May Cafe Character Breakfast-Beach Club-Hadn't been here for this in years, so it was nice to go back. Great, well stocked breakfast buffet with good assortment. Eggs, omelette, sausage, bacon, potatoes, pastries, fruit, bagels, sausage gravy, cereals. etc.....Characters came around often. The hour we were there they came by 3 times. Will be a must do next time.:mickey:

Cosmic Rays-MK-another favorite haunt. We loved their choices and everyone had something different:bacon cheeseburger, turkey/bacon wrap. chicken leg, caesar salad. One of the best topping bars!!!

What we were disappointed in:
TRex-DTD-Too loud and the food was what you'd expect, but not an abundance by far. Lasagna DS12 said was good (15.99!) but my cheesesteak and DH Bronto Burger were very dry. DS7 kids meal of shrimp/chicken nuggets was sent back to be reheated. Been there, done that, not going back.:(

Captains Grille-Yacht Club-Wow, what a disappointment! When it was The Galley their breakfast was really good and our favorite. The buffet is very small and not very good. Tasteless to be honest. My menu pancakes tasted like they were the "just add water" kind not the sweet, yellow cake like kind they had before. DS7 kids meal of eggs.bacon, biscuit and potatoes sent back twice: eggs were burnt (black on the underside!!) and sausage was not cooked through. Oh, and the waiter looked like he slept in his uniform and came by 3x's:take our order, serve and drop off the check. Never again. :(

We ate at more places, but these were the ones we felt "worthy" of reporting back about!!

SBETigg
02-14-2009, 06:33 PM
Great reports! Thanks. I think a lot of people are waiting to hear more about the new T Rex place. Good to know.

mouseketeer mom
02-14-2009, 09:10 PM
Always love to hear people's dining experiences. Thanks so much!

dtootsie42
02-15-2009, 08:07 PM
Thanks for sharing. We have never been to the turf club and it sounds pretty good. May have to give it a try on our next trip.

Dec. 1997---Contemporary
Dec. 1999--Poly
June 2000--Disneyland
Dec. 2001---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2003---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2005---Poly Concierge
Nov. 2007---Poly Concierge
Oct. 2008--DisneyLand
Next trip Dec. 2009--Poly

Genie1953
02-16-2009, 01:32 AM
Great reports! Thanks. I think a lot of people are waiting to hear more about the new T Rex place. Good to know.

I have not been to the T-Rex at DTD but have been to the one in Kansas City, KS several times. I hear they are very similar and if it is true then the reports are right....it can be terribly loud at times. The change in noise levels can be quite startling...quiet one minute and very loud the next when the animatronic dinasaurs suddenly roar. It is a great place for kids...but may frighten younger children. Our nephew went there at age 4 and loved it, but he was very much into dinasaurs at the time so was not frightened at all. The food at the Kansas City T-Rex is very good and the nice thing is that you get alot. Hopefully it is the same at the DTD T-Rex.

comicguy
02-16-2009, 07:54 AM
I am hoping to try Turf Club on our next trip

pdrlkr
02-16-2009, 07:56 AM
Thanks for the Reviews! :eat:

iheartdisney
02-16-2009, 08:56 AM
Thanks for your reviews. We're staying at Beach/Yacht in a few months and will know to stay away from Captains Grille. It's not on our current list but if things change we'll know to try something else. And while I know every place has a "bad day" from time to time, with how little we're able to visit WDW I don't want to take chances...as I'm sure others don't either.

yjgirl32
02-16-2009, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the reviews. Very helpful.