PDA

View Full Version : Tom Sawyer Island

TheVBs
02-14-2009, 10:20 AM
I've read that you're supposed to look for the hidden white-wash paintbrushes here, and tell a CM for a surprise. Has anyone done this? Thanks! :mickey:

Altair
02-14-2009, 11:15 AM
They are there, but you need to get there early to find them. They go fast.:mickey:

TheVBs
02-14-2009, 11:28 AM
So are these things that you actually pick up and take to a CM? Or are they removed after someone finds them?

Altair
02-14-2009, 11:50 AM
Yes, you pick them up and take them to the CM by the dock. I could tell you what you win, but that might spoil it for you.:mickey:

TheVBs
02-14-2009, 11:52 AM
I thought of asking, but decided to leave it a surprise. :mickey: Thanks for the info! We'll try to get there first thing one day to see if we find any. It's been awhile since we've done this attraction.

SFTrny
02-14-2009, 10:20 PM
You know...I just like Tom Sawyer's island for what it is. I like the relaxing break from the rest of the park and the chance to explore. We've never gotten wrapped up in the paint brush thing. We've enjoyed TS Island for what it is and have had a ball!

WishingStar2006
02-14-2009, 10:33 PM
Interesting, this is one attraction I have never done in ALL of my trips to WDW. I have my first solo trip coming in two weeks and you have all made it sound like fun so I might give it a try. Thanks!!! I've been trying to think of new things to do.

Greenlawler
02-14-2009, 11:18 PM
Do they ever put the paint brushes back out after they have been turned in that day? We always look for them when we go.

cgriff
02-15-2009, 10:54 AM
Do they ever put the paint brushes back out after they have been turned in that day? We always look for them when we go.

It's my understanding that Tom's white-wash brushes are scattered around the island only once a day, before the park opens to guests. It might depend on the castmember, but the brushes are usually hidden right out in the open, so they're not particularly difficult to find. In a previous thread about TSI, another Intercot member once mentioned finding a paintbrush later in the day. I suppose that it's possible that a brush might go unnoticed/unclaimed until late in the day, but I think that would be uncommon. Most of them are found by the first or second raft of people over to the island in the morning.

Good luck!

Darbylew
02-15-2009, 11:51 AM
We have never been over to the island in time
to time the paint brushes. We get caught up in
so much when we first get in the park. The
island is ok but not one of my favorite things
to do at the MK. :mickey:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
MARCH. IS IT MARCH YET?? :confused:

Disney-Nut
02-15-2009, 01:16 PM
i'd like to know what you get for returning a brush. i'll probably never go to tom sawyer first thing in the morning. please e-mail the answer thanks

Brownie54
02-15-2009, 01:34 PM
We were on one of the first rafts over in the AM. The driver was expaining the paintbrush to all of us. He said to keep your eyes open because they could be ANYWHERE. He then said it again. That was because there was a paintbrush right there on the raft! I nudged my dd and pointed to it. The reward is not great, but it meant a lot to our dd. And since it is a reward for the whole family, she got a lot of "high-fives" and attention from our extended family. It made her day. An example of "Disney Magic".

missymouseworld
02-15-2009, 01:39 PM
What is it...I can't wait to find out....can you tell?:mickey:

cgriff
02-15-2009, 05:52 PM
What is it...I can't wait to find out....can you tell?:mickey:

We can't tell you in public, or we'll have Injun Joe's curse upon us!

:cap:

missymouseworld
02-15-2009, 07:19 PM
Awe shucks!!!!!!!!!!:sad:

Disneymamaof5
02-15-2009, 09:19 PM
I would like to know what the prize is...Please PM me the answer.

Crow
02-15-2009, 09:52 PM
I remembered hearing about it, so on my last trip decided to ride across to the island. found it & took it back to the raft, was told to give it to CM when i got off
to top it off as the people got off the raft, we were met by the Dream Squad and got Dream fastpasses
so got a double reward just for going to the island:thumbsup:

alilprincessmom99
02-16-2009, 09:53 AM
In all my years and trips to WDW, I have been to Tom Sawyer's Island ONE TIME! I had never even heard of the paintbrushes until joining Intercot. I can tell you now that I will never know what the prize is because we don't even head to that section of the park until sometime later in the day!

NicksNitro
02-17-2009, 05:02 PM
My kids did it last week and got a Fastpass for multi rides last week. After they turned in the brushes the CM went to put them out in different areas.

joonyer
02-17-2009, 05:31 PM
Usually, TSI does not open until 10 when the park opens at 9, so you have plenty of time to do something else and still get to TSI when it opens. We have entered the MK at opening, gone straight to Splash Mountain, rode it and then BTMRR, then got in line for the raft to TSI. We were still on the first raft over and found a paintbrush, lying right in the middle of the path leading to the bride to the Fort. It's no secret what you win, but I won't be the first to tell. You can easily find out by searching the older discussion threads here on Intercot.