PDA

View Full Version : Ap

goofysbabe
02-13-2009, 05:08 PM
This question may have already been asked - just don't have time to surf the boards.

If I bought an AP for myself do I get the following?

Discount on tickets for my family? (7 day - hoppers - 1 adult and the 2 kids with water option)
3 adults
1 junior
1 child

Do I get discount on rooms?

I wanting the dining plan (1 CS, 1 TS, 1 snack) for all

We would be staying Oct. 17th thru 23.

I know there are alot of you Disney guroos out there that can help me with this - trying to find the cheapest way to go.

DizneyRox
02-13-2009, 06:09 PM
An AP should only be purchased for PARK ADMISSION ONLY!

Your first question, no, an AP will get you ZERO PERCENT discount on normal tickets. MAYBE on your MNSSHP tickets if you decide to go, but not on regular admission media.

Your second question is MAYBE. However, Disney has been offering pretty consistent deals on the package and honeslt I haven't noticed any AP discounted offers recently. Not that there won't be discounted rooms, but I don't think you'll need an AP to get one.

For your short stay, I doubt an AP will be worthwile. You can get a dining card for 20% off table service meals, but you'll need a few meals to make it worth while ($65 for the ticket PLUS the extra expense of the AP) so I'll say no. If you're going fo rthe cheapest way possible, table service meals are probably not high on your list.

Look for Disney to extend the 7 for 4 deal and you'lll probably make out better.

KylesMom
02-15-2009, 09:04 AM
Totally agree with DisneyRox here - the payoff for an A/P to be "worth it" is 11 or 12 days of park admission. This is the thing you should be looking at most when contemplating purchasing an A/P. Unless you have another trip planned within 365 days, it doesn't look like it would be of value to you.

Right now, the 4/3 deal is better than any A/P discount we've seen in years. We're currently booked under that promo - and from what I've seen so far this year, the A/P discounts offered do not equal this promotion. Although we have A/Ps, we'll simply hold on to the one day park ticket we have to purchase with the package and utilize it for our next trip when we need to purchase A/Ps again.

You will not get a discount on other park tix or the dining plan if you purchase an A/P, either. Hopefully they'll extend something like the 4/3 special out there for October for you!