PDA

View Full Version : Epilesy inthe parks

thatkindofday
02-13-2009, 09:03 AM
Not sure if this is in the right forum, but here goes: My husband and I are going to WDW with one of his cousins that has epilepsy. We were trying to get an idea of the rides that she might need to avoid. The only one I can really think of is Mission Space, but have to admit I've never paid attention to this type of thing before. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Kennywife
02-13-2009, 09:27 AM
Is he photosensitive? (Meaning flashy lights bother him). I am to an extent. I can see fireworks, but if I am on a ride where they flash those strobes, I have to close my eyes.

Anna

SBETigg
02-13-2009, 09:59 AM
Usually flashing lights are the ones to avoid, in which case Mission: Space might actually be fine, especially the mild non-spin side. Other rides that may or may not be problematic include Journey into Your Imagination, Space Mountain, Maelstrom, and most especially Dinosaur at the AK. But they might all be fine, too, depending on how mild her case, how her medication works for her, etc.

ibrowse17
02-13-2009, 11:26 AM
My wife (Holley)has epilespy, and has a VNS implant. Despite this, we have had many wonderful trips to Disney. She has had no problems with any of the rides, though we do ride the lesser of the two Mission Space offerings. Flashy lights are a big problem, even more so on the monorail or boats at night. I wish Disney would consider doing something about that, but I know better. Fireworks are ok for her. The biggest thing we do is to take a break during the day. This is a must for my wife, and a nap is just the thing to recharge her batteries. Being smart and pacing ourselves has helped us a great deal. I hope you have a wonderful trip:thumbsup: