PDA

View Full Version : Q about park ticket options

teamblackwell
02-13-2009, 01:31 AM
I'm closing my Disney Visa account, but before I do, I need to use up my Disney dollars(lest I lose them). We can't afford a full vacation right now, so here's my idea. Use the Visa Disney dollars to buy park tickets now, so when we can afford a vacation we will just need "room only" rate. Do I need to get the "no expire" option since it may be a year or more before we can go?
Or, do tickets remain good until first use?

sainter
02-13-2009, 02:17 AM
The tickets are good for 14 days after the first day of use - so go ahead and buy them now and save them for a future trip! No doubt you will also save the cost of a price increase!

DizneyRox
02-13-2009, 07:14 AM
^^ true

You can do whatever you need to do to those tickets, too, so if you get a 5 day ticket and need a 7 day, use it one, then upgrade to a 7 day. You can also add on park hopping, etc in the future as well.

Kudo's on closing the account, credit cards = bad (at least how many people use them)

BMan62
02-13-2009, 08:56 AM
I'm closing my Disney Visa account, but before I do, I need to use up my Disney dollars(lest I lose them). We can't afford a full vacation right now, so here's my idea. Use the Visa Disney dollars to buy park tickets now, so when we can afford a vacation we will just need "room only" rate. Do I need to get the "no expire" option since it may be a year or more before we can go?
Or, do tickets remain good until first use?

Good idea - both purchasing the park tickets now AND closing your Chase Disney Visa! Chase is making a big mistake upping their interest rates in a down economy!!

Just remember, for a lot of the discounts, you will need to buy a package including at least one day of park tickets.

DizneyRox
02-13-2009, 09:04 AM
Chase is making a big mistake upping their interest rates in a down economy!!

The Disney Visa is probably THE WORST reward card on the market for anyone that carries a balance on their card. For those that do pay it off each month, it's not that bad. They are paying for my trip this year! Thanks Chase!

tink179
02-13-2009, 10:10 AM
I agree with the Disney Visa card. I was sad as well to get the letter about their rates increasing! :( So, I will also be opting out and closing my account.