PDA

View Full Version : Howd do I...

DryCreek
02-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Post pictures?
I wanted to drop in a picture of the DW and myself (with Goofy) in my trip report post, but alas, I know not how to accomplish this...

This (http://home.windstream.net/dclonghorns/MK-4.JPG) is the picture I wanted to add.

Melanie
02-13-2009, 03:27 AM
Hello! :wave:

Actually embedding pictures into a thread is not allowed on INTERCOT. This is simply an across-the-board rule we have in order to maintain our family-friendly atmosphere.

What we do allow within the Trip Reports forum is linking to photos such as the one you linked to in your post here. Most people upload their vacation photos to a photo-sharing site (such as Webshots or Flickr) and then link to there.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

hardingella
02-24-2009, 01:03 PM
How do we get our own photo on the avator?(the picture at the top of our thread) as ive seen lots of family pictures here.

Ian
02-24-2009, 01:39 PM
How do we get our own photo on the avator?(the picture at the top of our thread) as ive seen lots of family pictures here.Again, custom avatars are not something that's open to the general membership due to the difficulty in managing the content, maintaining family friendliness, etc.

We did, however, allow certain members who contributed to our server drive a few years back to submit custom avatars for approval and they are permitted to use them as a special thank you for their support.

That may be what you've seen.

TinkerbellT421
02-24-2009, 02:06 PM
How do u insert a picture as a word? I know how to post the entire link. But how do you get the word "This" as the link that turns blue and is underlined? :confused:

Ed
02-24-2009, 06:10 PM
How do u insert a picture as a word? I know how to post the entire link. But how do you get the word "This" as the link that turns blue and is underlined? :confused:

Easiest way is to just type your entire sentence then select the word or words you want to become a link; then click on the 'Insert Link' icon (looks like a globe with a chain link below it) which will give you the ability to paste the URL of your picture; after you click OK, the text that you selected will become the link - - in blue and underlined.

TinkerbellT421
02-24-2009, 11:05 PM
Thank you so much :thumbsup::number1: