PDA

View Full Version : water parks worth it?

deb81064
02-12-2009, 08:24 PM
I am trying to decide if we should spend the money for the water parks.Is it worth it?

wdwnutz
02-12-2009, 09:26 PM
We always make the decision to go to the water parks once we get the WDW. (you can always buy your tickets at your resort or at the park) Depending on the time of year (weather, crowds), helps us decide. We have bought tickets ahead of time, set aside a day and the weather was lousy, so it was a waste of money and time. We have a toddler and teenager and they love the parks just as well as the pool at the resort. It really depends on your family whether they want to spend an entire day at the waterpark or just and hour or 2 at the resort pools (especially the moderate or deluxe).

ayeckley
02-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon are two of the best waterparks in the world. As long as the weather is decent, you owe it to yourself to at least try them once.

Imagineer1981
02-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Definitely try Blizzard Beach or Typhoon lagoon, you will not regret the experience

yjgirl32
02-13-2009, 02:45 PM
I agree with wdwnutz. I love the water parks and so does my ds5- but I would wait and see if the weather is good. They are definately worth it.

Mousemates
02-13-2009, 02:59 PM
We love the water parks (especially TL which offers wider variety of water features) and would say they are worth it if the weather is okay....needs to be above 80 unless your from polar bear country.

IloveDisney71
02-13-2009, 06:44 PM
We love the waterparks. When we go in the summer and plan on staying 5 days or more, we usually buy the water parks ticket option. We usually spend 1/2 a day at each waterpark. We like to go first thing in the morning and leave around 2:00 or so. We head back to our resort for a little break and then hit one of the 4 parks until closing time.

Giggy
02-14-2009, 01:37 PM
100% worth it IMO, we have gone to both of them all 3 of our visits, on the 2nd visit (2001) we also did River Country, didn't have time in 1998 whereas 2004 it was gone, never found out why.

The same level of imagination and theming goes into Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach as the theme parks and what we tend to do is spend the day there, then in the evening when it cools down we dry off and head for one of the main parks.

Weather has never been too much of an issue for us, obviously with our first two trips being around April/May the weatehr was always gonig to be great, last time we went we did 20th October - 5th November and went to both, including doing one of them in November. Admittedly we're from England so we're used to it being cold, if it reaches 70 here people get excited!

javamama
02-14-2009, 03:40 PM
Definately try one of them, I like them both. Granted I haven't been to one in a few years, they're both great. The travel channel usually has Waterpark shows, and BB always is in the top 3. This year we make take ds, but we'll buy a one day tkt while we're there if we have time.

PetefromRI
02-14-2009, 07:16 PM
As a rule,my wife hates waterparks,but one day in September 07 it was very hot so my wife and I went to Typhoon Lagoon.We ended up staying there for about six hours and had one of the best times ever at Disney World.I say,give it a go.It's very well themed and alot of fun on a hot day.

AmandaChan
02-15-2009, 03:17 PM
I think it depends on your tastes or whether or not you have kids that LOVE water parks. Since they got rid of PI, we're not getting the water parks and more option because we're not the biggest water park people anyways. With the option of going to 8 Trax or Comedy Warehouse on top of water parks and Disneyquest, it was a good deal. Then again we do not have kids.

kathiep
02-17-2009, 03:26 PM
Go, go, go! We hadn't gone on previous trips as our kids were still a bit too young. But last year we went and it was the highlight of our trip. So much fun and much more relaxing than the other parks!

Buttercup
02-17-2009, 09:07 PM
Are the waterparks worth it?

YES. :thumbsup:

Disney1977
02-20-2009, 01:58 PM
You will have a great time at the water parks. They are beautiful and have something for all age groups. My 3, 6, & 10 year old all had a a blast at Blizzard Beach.

Have a great trip.

Figaro
02-20-2009, 04:44 PM
The water parks are a blast! Definitely worth a visit! Typhoon Lagoon tends to be the preferred park among many. Blizzard Beach is on the meltdown (pun...) and is just as fun! :thumbsup: ;)

AmandaChan
02-21-2009, 01:09 PM
Do you have kids that like water parks? If they love water parks then yes, it will be worth it. Because their water parks ARE really nice. Especially BB.

Are you planning on going more than once, trying BB and TL?? If so, water parks and more option would be best.

Do you have plenty of time to take out of your days to the Disney parks FOR the water parks?? I.E. if you're only going for 4 or so days I wouldn't waste my time on the water parks, because there would be too much to do at the other parks.. But that is just us.

p.s. I just realized I commented on this post twice : )
Do you want to try DisneyQuest as well? You can get the water parks and more option, and have a trip to the water parks once a day plus a trip to Disney Quest. If you have little gamers that would like that sort of thing.

DH and I, as a married couple with no kids, used to get the water parks and more option because we loved 8 Trax and the comedy clubs at PI. The water parks were an added bonus and even then we never spent more than one trip/couple hours there. Visited Disney Quest once.

PrettyMinnie
02-24-2009, 03:47 PM
While we like the water parks, they are not worth doing more than twice. There are some fun family oriented rides. And I believe someone already said this, but if the weather is bad, the experience is bad as well.

BluewaterBrad
02-24-2009, 03:51 PM
Both of the Disney water parks are great!! Worth every penny!!:mickey:

mac badger
02-25-2009, 07:46 PM
i can't tell you how many times ive heard a kid in the wave pool at TL say that this is their most favorite part of the whole vacation. i think they are totally worth it

joonyer
02-25-2009, 10:29 PM
On our first trip as a family to WDW we had the old ultimate hopper passes which included admission to the water parks. We spent the first three days of our trip solely at the theme parks, thinking, we can always go to a water park close to home. But the next day we were hot and looking for a change of pace so we gave BB a try.
FUN! FUN! FUN! We went back to one of the water parks every day for the res of that trip and have been going ever since. We honestly have just as much fun at the water parks at Disney as we do in the them parks. And DW and I actaully find time to relax, by floating for several laps in the lazy rivers while the boys exhaust themselves on the slides.

BB and TL are both full of the Disney magic in addition to the waves and slides.

Our family favorite to do together in Teamboat Springs at BB. It's great.

PlutoPlanet
02-26-2009, 12:20 PM
Yes, the water parks are worth the time and money IMHO. We liked BB beter when our DD was under 10. Now we like TL better.

AdventurerKim
02-28-2009, 05:20 PM
We're going to BB in June at least once and may only get the WP&M option on our tickets during Spring/Summer trips since PI is no longer an option. It's not worth it on Fall/Winter trips anymore.

epceddie
03-01-2009, 12:30 AM
I love the wave pool at TL.

I have a photo of three of my nephews (when they were little) hanging onto me with a big wave just about to break over us in the background.

It's a great reminder of the trip we made when my nine nephews and my niece were all 12 or younger.

You can even see the Miss Tilly in the photo at the top of the wave.

It's one of my most cherished photos.

wire0monkey
03-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Blizzard Beach is one of my favorite parts of WDW.

Totally worth it.