PDA

View Full Version : Sunday after Thanksgiving a good week?

Gregandmel
02-12-2009, 03:39 PM
Would arriving the Sunday after Thanksgiving and staying until the following Saturday be a good time to visit? Are the crowds reasonable, and would it still be warm enough to swim in the late afternoon? Thanks!

Strmchsr
02-12-2009, 04:14 PM
That week has grown considerably in popularity, so it's definitely not empty like it used to be, but it's still not bad. Expect moderate to moderately low crowds. Nothing too heavy, but, again, not empty. I've been that week 5 times and have noticed it's considerably more crowded than it used to be (which is why I'm changing weeks) but someone who usually goes during the summer or spring would probably find it light.

Weather is incredibly variable. You could have a high around 80 or one around 40, anything in between, or both in the same week. The pools are heated so, yes, you can usually swim unless there's a really big cold snap.

the other micki
02-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Some friends of mine visited WDW in early Dec. '08 to surprisingly larger crowds than expected, but several of the CMs indicated to them that it had been very quiet the week right after Thanksgiving.