PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Palace Buffet Dinner - How Good?

andypooh
02-12-2009, 09:08 AM
What do people think of the dinner at Crystal Palace? How is the food? Thanks.

sassy2000
02-12-2009, 09:21 AM
We have been to dinner there twice. The 1st time (Oct 07) we loved it but the 2nd time (Dec 08) was just ok for me. My DH, DD2, and DS4 still enjoyed it but I thought the food was better the 1st time we went. It is still a fun experience and I would still recomend it to friends, especially if you have kids who love Winnie the Pooh. :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-12-2009, 09:44 AM
For a buffet, I'd say it's pretty good and the characters do very good with getting to every table....

TinkerbellT421
02-12-2009, 11:18 AM
DBF and I enjoyed the buffet there. Its typical buffet type style food, nothing out of the ordinary that is a must have. But it is good. And the characters are awesome.

PlutoPlanet
02-12-2009, 12:08 PM
We found the food ordinary and do not go back. The characters were very good, but we don't want to waste a meal there again.

Charlee
02-12-2009, 02:22 PM
We enjoyed dinner at the Crystal Palace - the buffet is standard buffet fare but is tasty. The desserts were good, I remember trying as many of them as I could and feeling a little bit too full afterwards...
The character interaction is always good and there is always something magical about walking out of there ready to spend a night in the parks. I suppose the atmosphere and location wins it for me but the food was good!

Gooftroop5
02-12-2009, 03:09 PM
We enjoy the Crystal Palace. It has soemthing for everyone including my most pickiest eater. They were very helpful when I asked some questions about the food because I have food allergies. We have eaten there twice. I would eat there again.

DryCreek
02-12-2009, 08:54 PM
The food was well prepared, and there was an adequate selection. If you're not on the dining plan though, it is quite expensive. I think the dinner prices was $34. The character experience was great, they even came to visit a table full of adults!

Us' N Pooh! (http://home.windstream.net/dclonghorns/IMG_0171.jpg)

If you are looking for the best buffet value though, I seriously recommend Boma.

Oh yeah, one drawback to the CP is that they tend to run wayyyy behind on their dinner reservation time. We were stuck outside last week (a week ago today to be exact - it was in the 40's) waiting for almost an hour! Coffee and hot soup got us going though.

PhilHarHarMagic
02-12-2009, 09:42 PM
It's been a couple of years since we've been, but we really enjoyed it. We like to have an early dinner, so we went hungry!

We thought the boiled shrimp was excellent and the salad bar was good.

The kitchen is constantly refreshing the platters with the food on it, so you aren't eating from large containers that have been sitting around for a while. The exception was the kid's buffet.

I say - go for it! Then let us know what you thought!

jonahbear2006
02-13-2009, 08:34 PM
We ate there last Feb and last Sept and both times we thought it was horrible. This last time no one even ate. We had been seated for 20 min and couldn't wait to get out of there and the waitress was appalled that we weren't waiting for the characters to come around. I'd say if you've ever eaten at a Hometown Buffet, that it is about 2 points below this restaurant's standards. I'd rather eat at Hometown Buffet. The first time we went our son only ate a cookie cause everything smelled bad to him and we thought the buffet looked great but nothing tasted good. the fruit was fine and the dessert was ok but the buffet. :-P
go to 1900 park fare at the GF, its close to MK and its SOOOOO much more worth your money and the food is superb and the characters are soo funny.

ElenitaB
02-13-2009, 10:46 PM
We really like CP, breakfast, lunch and dinner. I have always found something interesting to eat, including salmon, pork tenderloin, and a yummy veggie curry that they offered the past two times we've had dinner there. And we also enjoy breakfast and dinner there.

Just goes to show that one man's famine, is another man's feast.

Mousemates
02-14-2009, 10:48 AM
Its been a few years since we ate at the CP, but the food was certainly to our liking and the character interaction was both frequent and unhurried.

GrmGrninGost
02-14-2009, 11:06 AM
We love CP for breakfast, but dinner is a different story. The one time we went the food was not that good and the characters (especially Pooh) were not very friendly. This is the only time I've ever had a real complaint about characters at any meal.

Natazu
02-14-2009, 12:45 PM
Crystal Palace (Table Service) with Pooh and Friends ☺☺☺☻
For a buffet, it's pretty good and the selection is above par. The character interaction is above average and the price is right. It’s also one of few places to see Pooh, Tigger, Eyeore, and Piglet. Note that the characters make the rounds whether you’re at your table or not. It’s easy to miss one or two of them if you spend much time in line for food. To help prevent that, know this. People tend to get in line and follow each other like lemmings. If there are ten people in line for salad and you want hot food, go around them. There are separate “lines” for cold items, hot items, bread, and kid’s food.). Also, the “kids buffet” table tends to stay empty so if you like some of that stuff, you can save some acquisition time.

stitchaholic
02-15-2009, 06:03 AM
I agree with most of the posters,it is a busy spot and you will probably wait awhile before seated,the food is just ok,and the restaurant is huge so sometimes it takes awhile for the characters to get there, we had to wait over an hour for piglet and would have missed eyore completely unless we made the request. we were done with dinner,but just sitting there,the staff kept walking around looking at us,anxiously waiting for the table to be free,so i finally told them that we would be more than happy to free up the table,but we were waiting for eyore,they kindly brought us eyore.

LudwigVonDrake
02-16-2009, 11:43 AM
The one time I ate at the Crystal Palace I had a bad experience :ack:

Haven't been back since.

Disney1977
02-18-2009, 08:57 PM
We had dinner at CP in January and everyone enjoyed the meal. My boys liked the ice cream for dessert.

Momof3BNL
02-19-2009, 12:42 AM
We did like it. My only reservation was that with three little boys sometimes too much is going on, and they were distracted from eating.

PETE FROM NYC
02-21-2009, 06:27 PM
We have at least one breakfast there each trip.Never had a buffet dinner or lunch there.
Years ago when it was cafeteria style we had some decent lunch and dinner there.
DW just said that she wants to have a dinner there in September.

CaptSmee
02-21-2009, 10:52 PM
Breakfast & lunch are much better IMHO. Dinner was kind of so, so. Chef Mickey's is a much better buffet and better character interaction for dinner.

Also at dinner the food seemed like it wasn't as fresh as it is for lunch or breakfast.

Belster
02-21-2009, 10:58 PM
I am not big at complaining but I do not like CP and will NEVER go back. We were so stressed eating there. The place is too big, you have to constantly watch to make sure you don't miss the characters one round that they make pass your table. The food is not that great...we will never go back.

I will say that I have no other food complaints at all. We just don't like CP.

CzepielCrew
02-22-2009, 10:45 AM
It was our first time at Crystal Palace in November 2007. I think the restaurant is beautiful. I would go for that alone. We went for breakfast and the buffet food was pretty good. Very loud, but we love the atmosphere.

Hull-onian
02-22-2009, 02:47 PM
We booked the Crystal Palace for the first time for breakfast. I am looking forward to eating there. Our seating is early in the a.m. I don't think they can goof up breakfast. We are taking our ten year old niece so it should be fun.

spoonful of sugar
02-24-2009, 01:58 PM
the husband and i did it back in 12/08 for the first time and definitely last. i found there were not many food choices and to pay that amount of $$ for chicken nuggets and mac n' cheese is definitely not worth it for me. the food was fresh & hot though.

PrettyMinnie
02-24-2009, 03:20 PM
The food is good quality for a buffet and the characters are very interactive. The dessert was very good! :minnie: