PDA

View Full Version : New Mugs!

LarryBoy
02-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Just saw on another board, that there are new mugs being sold at the Pop Century. Has anybody else heard anything? Is anybody there that can find out? We need pictures! We want proof! :director:

Isn't it sad how excited we get over WDW drink mugs. :crazy: :rolleyes:

WDWFanatic
02-11-2009, 10:05 AM
There's another post floating around here about that and it seems like it's not really a new mug yet.

Sorry I don't know how to link other posts in with this one.

If it is new hopefully we'll see some pictures soon.

LarryBoy
02-11-2009, 10:18 AM
From what I've heard this is a new mug. New colors and a different theme, but I haven't seen a picture yet. Supposedly it was put out yesterday at the Pop. This would make sense because they are supposed to officially kick off the new celebration this weekend. However, still no official proof yet.

WDWFanatic
02-11-2009, 10:31 AM
Opps sorry for questioning you. I can't wait to see them!

Did it say if they are for each resort, or is it the same for each resort?

I'm hoping for resort specific.

LarryBoy
02-11-2009, 10:52 AM
What has been seen so far was at AS Movies and Pop, and I think they are the same. You can choose different color lids and handles though. Like I said until I see pictures it just a rumor, but it is now coming from two different sources so hopefully this is true.

buzznwoodysmom
02-11-2009, 11:17 AM
I just saw a picture of them on another site. They have a few characters on a red background. You have different options for the handles and tops. You can choose from red, yellow, or black for the handles and tops. I think that is a great idea so that each person knows which mug is there's without having to write names on them. I think they look cute.

Bringonthemouse!
02-11-2009, 11:33 AM
Yes, they are much more attractive than the YOAMD mugs!! Nice background and the characters look "classic". Very Disney IMO.
:thumbsup:

caryrae
02-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Mug Pics
pic 1 (http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z64/caryrae73/resortmugs20090001.jpg)
pic2 (http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z64/caryrae73/resortmugs20090003.jpg)
pic3 (http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z64/caryrae73/resortmugs20090006.jpg)
pic4 (http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z64/caryrae73/resortmugs20090008.jpg)

FenwayGirl
02-11-2009, 11:59 AM
Cool, I always buy the mugs and I was disappointed to think that we wouldn't have new mugs for my May trip!:party:

LarryBoy
02-11-2009, 12:31 PM
I like the new look. I still wish they did resort specific mugs, but I can understand why the don't. I'm just glad they finally made the change. :thumbsup:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-11-2009, 12:41 PM

Those are ugly.

elmjimmlm
02-11-2009, 02:26 PM
I still love my POR mug from a few years back...

brewcrew26
02-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Ooh, I like them. It is a classic look. Only 21 days left till I can get mine!

Dsnygirl
02-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Isn't it sad how excited we get over WDW drink mugs. :crazy: :rolleyes:

:rotfl: Yup, we're a sad bunch, aren't we? I zipped over to this thread to check out the pics WAY too fast... :D Glad to know I'll have a new one to add to the collection! :thumbsup:

mudpuppysmom
02-11-2009, 05:30 PM

Those are ugly.

I think they look very generic, and cheap....just my
:twocents:

Finiamh
02-11-2009, 05:49 PM
The value comes from the liquid-ity you can put into it. It will do its job well.

crazygoalie39
02-11-2009, 06:12 PM

Ditto. Oh well, they're just mugs.

VWL Mom
02-11-2009, 08:55 PM

The Coca Cola logo on the side doesn't help either. Reminds me of a marketing giveaway.

Suz36
02-11-2009, 09:03 PM
Bummer! Missed them by a week! We bought our 2nd set of the old ones, and even though my DH would have killed me, I would have also bought the new ones even if it was the very end of our trip. I love using them at home, continuing the magic!

pixiesmimi
02-11-2009, 09:39 PM

Those are ugly.

I think they are cute. I love the colors and like them much better than the previous ones we got.

brian2000boston
02-11-2009, 10:01 PM
The Coca Cola logo on the side doesn't help either. Reminds me of a marketing giveaway.

I agree, pretty lame with the coke logo. However i am not a great judge since i do not logos on things, TACKY!

KatMark
02-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Mug Pics

Ouch--I see you are doing a split stay. Are you going to get two different mugs? The generic and the CSR resort specific mug?

Magic Smiles
02-11-2009, 10:09 PM
I personally like the mugs, but then again I love the colour red. Unfortunately we are planning a trip to DL this year and not WDW.

Disney-Nut
02-11-2009, 10:10 PM
I dont think they look that bad. They look better thatn the one i bought in january 08

ASweetLov
02-11-2009, 10:18 PM
I like the new design, can't wait to get my new mug!

CaptSmee
02-11-2009, 11:07 PM

Those are ugly.

Glad i'm not the only 1 that thought so! I much prefer when each resort had it's own mug...:(

caryrae
02-12-2009, 08:44 AM
Ouch--I see you are doing a split stay. Are you going to get two different mugs? The generic and the CSR resort specific mug?

Yeah I was thinin about taking out a small loan and buy my wife and I a mug each at each Resort.

I suppose since it is just us 2 we could buy 1 mug at CSR and 1 at POFQ instead of 2 at each.

hearts8701
02-12-2009, 09:32 AM
the new 2009 mugs are out .

hearts8701
02-12-2009, 09:38 AM
love them can't wait for march to get mine

caryrae
02-12-2009, 10:11 AM
So is this how they are going to mugs now and not make them Resort specific anymore? Or maybe they will go back to Resort specific mugs in the future?

betteratmk
02-12-2009, 10:55 AM
:mickey: Are these new mugs available now at all the resorts? We leave March 1 and I was hoping to get new ones!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-12-2009, 11:03 AM
I like the colour-coded handles! No more writing names on the bottom of them mugs :mickey:

Mickey91
02-12-2009, 11:36 AM
:rotfl: Yup, we're a sad bunch, aren't we? I zipped over to this thread to check out the pics WAY too fast... :D Glad to know I'll have a new one to add to the collection! :thumbsup:

Me too!!:D I'm just glad I'm not the only one who is :doh::crazy: !!

I do prefer the resort specific ones, I am just glad they didn't find yet another way to use the ones they have had the last two years!

DizNee143
02-12-2009, 12:04 PM

Those are ugly.

ditto...big time...
seem kinda blah to me...

big blue and hairy
02-12-2009, 02:07 PM

Those are ugly.I like them better than the last two years. It was too pastel and looked like a winter scene.

I agree that the resort specific mugs were cool, but it appears that ship has sailed.

:sulley:

Gooftroop5
02-12-2009, 02:44 PM
I like them better than the last two years. It was too pastel and looked like a winter scene.

I agree that the resort specific mugs were cool, but it appears that ship has sailed.

:sulley:

I had to tell my Dh the other day that it was the YAMD cup cause he thought since we were there in the begininning of December it was a Christmas cup.

Crow
02-12-2009, 05:00 PM
I just saw that they are finally out....thats good as Ive gotten the same ones last few times.
i do miss the resort specifics

GrmGrninGost
02-12-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm glad to see a different look. I hope they will change the mugs every year. We collect them, and it's not much fun to get the same one twice! I long for the old days when the mugs were resort specific. We had quite a collection going! I would have loved to have gotten mugs from each resort! :mickey:

GrumpyFan
02-13-2009, 12:20 PM
Wow, I was just wondering this morning what the new mugs looked like. Thanks for the pics.

We have numerous mugs from over the years that we've "collected" from the various resorts, so I too miss the resort-specific versions. I have a "Groovy" Pop Century mug from a few years ago that I keep at work and people ask me about it all the time. Plus, it reminds me of the fun days at the resort.

DixieBelle
02-13-2009, 12:31 PM
Does it bother anyone else that the design just stops half way down the mug?
I hate that, I think it makes the mug look cheap. :shake:

Nascfan
02-13-2009, 01:22 PM
I like them. Kind of cartoonish characters, seems classic Disney to me.

I'm of the same mind frame as Big Blue and Hairy, the old ones looked very wintry.

For those who wish for resort specific, you might as well forget it. It costs a lot less to do one design than 10 or 12 or however many they would need. As stated above, that ship has sailed, not to come back to harbor again.

Figmentathm
02-13-2009, 01:59 PM
Thanks for those pics. We'll definitely pick up some new ones in May. I agree about the others being wintry looking. But since my last 2 visits were during the winter, I didn't mind. These look nice and cheery.
This will be my first stay at POP and I am looking forward to it.

DDuck66
02-13-2009, 02:24 PM
I think they are cute. I love the colors and like them much better than the previous ones we got.

:ditto: I think the old ones were outdated and generally boring!!

LarryBoy
02-13-2009, 03:20 PM
So as far as we know the only choices for lid/handle colors are red, yellow, and black?

WDWFanatic
02-13-2009, 04:14 PM
I wish they would offer 4 lid/handle colors. With our family of 4 it would be nice to be able to tell at a quick glance which mug is mine.

jonahbear2006
02-13-2009, 04:58 PM
I dont like their mugs. I got one with the mnsshp on it and its pretty, however, these mugs hold hardly anything. Even not sharing one, you get two three good swigs on a hot day. The 2nd problem I have with this style of mug is that it is too tall without a wide base. They dont sit well in the stroller cups and when they are empty, easily topple. As my third complaint, these lids are too difficult for my children to work. My 9 yr old wont be able to put her own lid on and off without the liquid getting spilt all over her.

goofy78
02-14-2009, 04:48 AM
ok, i am not attempting to be condescending here, but what is the purpose of the mugs? is it the simple purpose of making a drink transportable? is it just a souvenir? can you refill them for free?

kmo84
02-14-2009, 07:34 AM
Actually, I think they are cute. I like this design better than the YOAMD one.
I miss the resort specific mugs, too. They were larger and were a nice souvenir of your resort.

disneydeb
02-14-2009, 07:35 AM
ok, i am not attempting to be condescending here, but what is the purpose of the mugs? is it the simple purpose of making a drink transportable? is it just a souvenir? can you refill them for free?

Yes , Yes and Yes!

These are the new refillable mugs you buy at your resort. Each time you go to the food court at your resort, you may refill your mug with free pop, coffee, hot chocolate, lemonade, frozen coke and apple juice (I think). Milk is not a free for refill item :)

They serve as souvenirs because you may take them home and relive a bit of the magic each time you drink.

They are transportable because they are almost unbreakable and made of plastic - they are not heavy and have lids and they are yours if you bought them!

I like the new cartoon mugs. I don't even mind the coke logo, Disney needs money and this possibly helped them NOTraise prices. hopefully)

Mousefever
02-14-2009, 05:08 PM

To each their own! The Coca Cola logo reminds me that I'll always have Diet Coke available! :D

Amy

jonahbear2006
02-14-2009, 09:51 PM
I do like it for a souvenir. I think it is great now that it is home, however, as a theme park mug, I do not like this style of cup. It is inconvenient. I really wish they would go with something bigger, though.

goofy78
02-15-2009, 02:25 AM
Yes , Yes and Yes!

These are the new refillable mugs you buy at your resort. Each time you go to the food court at your resort, you may refill your mug with free pop, coffee, hot chocolate, lemonade, frozen coke and apple juice (I think). Milk is not a free for refill item :)

They serve as souvenirs because you may take them home and relive a bit of the magic each time you drink.

They are transportable because they are almost unbreakable and made of plastic - they are not heavy and have lids and they are yours if you bought them!

I like the new cartoon mugs. I don't even mind the coke logo, Disney needs money and this possibly helped them NOTraise prices. hopefully)

i guess i should have bought one the last time i was there! that is a pretty good deal that you can get free refills on almost anything. thanks for the reply!

how much do the mugs usually go for?

caryrae
02-15-2009, 02:02 PM
how much do the mugs usually go for?

Last time we got one they were like $12, not sure what they cost now.

goofy78
02-15-2009, 03:02 PM
Last time we got one they were like $12, not sure what they cost now.

i would say that is a fair price given that they allow you to get unlimited beverages. during your stay and upon your return to the resort.

tnpoohbear
02-15-2009, 03:27 PM
We just got back to the Grand Floridian yesterday and when we arrived we all got the mugs except DD who did not want one at the time. Ours was still the white and blue one. Well DD changed her mind and two days before we left got a mug and it was a new one that is white and yello I liked her better than the one I had. :mickey:

goofy78
02-15-2009, 04:02 PM
We just got back to the Grand Floridian yesterday and when we arrived we all got the mugs except DD who did not want one at the time. Ours was still the white and blue one. Well DD changed her mind and two days before we left got a mug and it was a new one that is white and yello I liked her better than the one I had. :mickey:

So much are the mugs going for right now?

Seasonscraps
02-16-2009, 09:28 AM
I like that there are a couple of diffent colors so you can identify them. I wish they were bigger though - there's hardly any beverage in the cup once you add a little ice.

i would say that is a fair price given that they allow you to get unlimited beverages. during your stay and upon your return to the resort.

I am not sure if I am misreading your statement, but you can only use the mugs during the current visit - you are not supposed to bring them back to use on your next vacation.

Momof2boys
02-16-2009, 03:12 PM
I actually like them :thumbsup:

goofy78
02-16-2009, 04:51 PM
I like that there are a couple of diffent colors so you can identify them. I wish they were bigger though - there's hardly any beverage in the cup once you add a little ice.

I am not sure if I am misreading your statement, but you can only use the mugs during the current visit - you are not supposed to bring them back to use on your next vacation.

you were not misreading, i am very new to the mug policies and procedures and i don't know how the system works. this is why i come to intercot! thanks for the info

PirateLover
02-16-2009, 06:05 PM
The YOAMD cups had different colors handles, too - We have silver, black, and blue.

I am not sure if I like this new design yet or not. But I'm happy that there finally is a new one!

sacandjac
02-17-2009, 08:43 AM
Thanks for the pics! I really like the new mugs. More cheerful than the old ones! Can't wait to get one in October!!

pixiesmimi
02-17-2009, 08:49 AM
you were not misreading, i am very new to the mug policies and procedures and i don't know how the system works. this is why i come to intercot! thanks for the info

You can buy the mugs at the food court in your resort and then everytime you are in the food court, you can fill it up with whatever beverage you want for free. We use ours for coffee in the mornings and sometimes when we come back at night or soft drinks, ice tea, etc. I'm confused right now whether you can carry it from resort to resort and use them because there is a lot of controversy on here about that (maybe someone else can shed some light on that) but we only use ours at the resort where we are staying and take home and use every day.

IamBelle
02-19-2009, 10:00 AM
Yay! Those look so cute! I can't wait to get them!

PlutoPlanet
02-19-2009, 12:29 PM
Does anyone know the official policy on using the mugs for a split stay? We're staying at AKL for 3 days, then we're going to BWV for 5 day. Can we buy the mug at AKL, use it at BWV during the second part of our stay and be in compliance with mug "rules and regulations"?
Thanks.

Stickey
02-19-2009, 03:06 PM
I believe that a new mug purchase allows you to use your mugs at any resort for the length of your stay. There is no need to buy duplicates.

Maleficent's Dad
02-19-2009, 08:02 PM
I just came across this post - yes, the new mugs are out at all resorts.

Here at SSR, you have about 50% of people are still using last year's YOAMD mugs - and no CM enforcement of any rules. :unsure:

I've seen more "rules" broken this week, with little to no CM interference. The crowds are insane, the masses do as they please, the CM's don't fight 'em. Goes for the mugs as well as policies in the parks. Sad. :(

DisneyPrincess21
02-19-2009, 10:07 PM
Mug Pics

I don't care if it's not the popular census, But I love them! Of course I love just about everything Disney. :mickey:

alliekat
02-22-2009, 07:22 PM
I just came home today :(. We bought our new mugs and it was great to add them to our collection. The picture on the Pop Century food board still showed the YOAMD mugs so this is still at transition time. I definitely saw more old mugs being used then new ones. I arrived on 2/13 so the new mugs had just arrived. I saw more new mugs being used by the end of the week. No cm's were enforcing any mug rules, they were also old Pop mugs being used along with plain cups and other resorts.