PDA

View Full Version : 40 % off stay mailer

garthbarth1
02-11-2009, 09:36 AM
Just as DH and I were discussing going to Disney again, I received a 40% off mailer today with a pin number. It said save 40% off a select Disney Value Resort standard room....must book by March 31 09. In the flyer it gives certain weeks/dates out of the year for it to be used. My quesiton is if we want to upgrade to a moderate or even a deluxe room, would the discount still apply? Also, would I be able book this discount through magical journeys? We were kind of holding out to see if free dining becomes available (we would like to go end of sept) but Im sure that the weeks the room discount is for is not the same weeks as the free dining! And for those of you experts out there, is a room discount at a mod or deluxe better than free dining financially speaking. (we were actually thinking about doing the quick service dining plan, not the reg) Was going to call Disney as well, but I always seem to get so much good info here. TIA!:mickey:

MNNHFLTX
02-11-2009, 09:56 AM
Most times the discount is also available at certain moderate and deluxe resorts. And yes, Magical Journeys can most certainly do the leg work for you and apply the discount. Just let them know your preferences.

As far as whether your discount is a better deal than the free dining, I would venture a guess and say yes, but it would depend on the level of the resort, of course, and how many people there are in your party. Magical Journeys could help you figure that out too. :mickey:

Bringonthemouse!
02-11-2009, 10:00 AM
I received this PIN in Nov. and in answer to your questions, yes it can be applied to different levels of resorts and yes, MJ can handle it for you. I just forwarded my PIN email to Terrisue @ MJ and she took care of the legwork for me.
:mickey:

garthbarth1
02-11-2009, 10:02 AM
Wow you guys are quick!! Thanks so much for the replies! :)Melissa

WDWFanatic
02-11-2009, 10:03 AM
I also got this mailer, and what a dissappointment, it seems likes it's good for every month but April and July.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for some kind of room only discount for April.

Hopefully more people will be able to use this!

dmallan
02-11-2009, 06:00 PM
I received an email with the 40% discount and used it for a king room at POFQ.

A few weeks later I received another PIN code by email - this one for the free dining. Karen priced it out for me and compared to what I estimated we'd spend on dining it was almost exactly the same, so we just left the reservation as it was.

Then, yesterday I received ANOTHER 40% off PIN code - this time by mail. Crazy!

ToDisney
02-11-2009, 08:26 PM
I used to get those postcards, now I don't.
I REALLY miss them!
:(
I would sure like to see one soon!
Ya'll have fun
:mickey:

pixiesmimi
02-11-2009, 09:43 PM
Go ahead and book through MJ with this discount and then if a better one comes along or the free dining comes and it is better, they can change it. We are also waiting for the free dining in Aug. We have already changed our reservation twice with discounts but will wait and see what else is coming along to get the best deal.