PDA

View Full Version : Beware of Ticketmaster and LiveNation

pink
02-10-2009, 05:51 PM
Hello everybody!

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I used Ticketmaster to purchase tickets for a sports game in December and right after had my credit card information stolen online. They charged over 5,000 worth of merchandise. Last month I used another credit card online for LiveNation to purchase other tickets and today I received a call saying my information was stolen again. I've had other family members tell me they had the same problems.

Just thought I would give everyone a heads up! Be careful out there when you buy anything online.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-10-2009, 06:05 PM
There are so many reasons to avoid Ticketmaster and LiveNation, and security, from your story, seems to be another reason.

They are actually trying to put together a class action lawsuit here in Ontario due to Ticketmaster selling tickets at a higher face value through their resale site.

tinkwest
02-10-2009, 07:23 PM
The "convenience charge" alone makes me avoid Ticketmaster whenever possible.

PirateLover
02-10-2009, 07:30 PM
there were problems here in the US as well with Ticketmaster redirecting people to a re-sale site. I hate ticketing agencies.

Marker
02-14-2009, 10:29 AM
Just wondering, how do you know that Ticketmaster and LiveNation are the source of problems? Do you know for certain that they were the cause? Have those credit cards only been used for that one purpose?

Sounds like a service such as LifeLock.com might be beneficial for you.

gueli
02-14-2009, 07:54 PM
Just wondering, how do you know that Ticketmaster and LiveNation are the source of problems? Do you know for certain that they were the cause? Have those credit cards only been used for that one purpose?

Sounds like a service such as LifeLock... might be beneficial for you.

Is lifelock the one where the guy put his Social security number out there and about 2 months later he was hacked ? or is that a different one.

:mickey:

Marker
02-15-2009, 10:05 PM
Is lifelock the one where the guy put his Social security number out there and about 2 months later he was hacked ? or is that a different one.

:mickey:

I don't know, is it?

Does that have anything to do with the question at hand concerning Ticketmaster and LiveNation?

crazypoohbear
02-16-2009, 11:45 AM
I don't know, is it?

Does that have anything to do with the question at hand concerning Ticketmaster and LiveNation?

This is the same life lock that he give out his SS# and he was hacked.

I think the previous poster was supplying this information based on your suggestion that the OP try using this service and not about the original poster's statement about live nation and ticketmaster.

Marker
02-16-2009, 03:06 PM
This is the same life lock that he give out his SS# and he was hacked.

I think the previous poster was supplying this information based on your suggestion that the OP try using this service and not about the original poster's statement about live nation and ticketmaster.

Lifelock's Web site states: "Our Guarantee: If your Identity is misused while you are our client, we’ll spend up to $1,000,000 to make it right." The television ads feature a truck advertising CEO Richard Todd Davis' Social Security Number.

In 2007, it was reported that the founder and CEO of LifeLock, Todd Davis, became the victim of fraud when someone used his published social security number to obtain a $500 loan.

On May 29, 2008 in an interview with talkshow host Mike McConnell on WLW, Todd Davis stated that out of a total of 88 attempted thefts of his identity, the $500 payday advance loan was the only time his identity was actually used, which was not the fault of LifeLock, because the lender failed to check the validity of the thief's claim.

However, this still has nothing to do with Ticketmaster or LiveNation.