PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Kitchen ?'s

TinaAndGlenn
02-10-2009, 05:43 PM
We usually bring our 5th wheel to the Fort, so I usually 'bring my home' with me. We are planning a trip for our 25th anniversary (not for a few years yet) and am wondering about the cabins. It would be easier for the hubby & I to drive our car down to DW, since it would just be the 2 of us. How are the kitchens stocked-dishes, pans, utensils, etc? How are the linens, etc? We love FW, and think it would be fun staying in a cabin.

disneydeb
02-11-2009, 06:54 AM
They are considerred "fully stocked", however if you want to bring certain favorite pans, crock pots or rice cooker you may need to bring those.

Have fun!

princessesmom
02-11-2009, 08:16 AM
They have dishes for 6. They have basic cooking equipment - pots and skillet. There is also two coffee makers - a small one and a large one. All linens are included and there is daily maid service just like any of the hotels. The bathroom is quite large and they keep the cabinet filled with towels. There is a dishwasher in the kitchen, which the housekeeping will run and supply with detergent each day.

ibrowse17
02-11-2009, 10:35 AM
They had pretty much everything we needed to cook with, except a cookie sheet:thumbsup:

blondeinbrandon
02-11-2009, 11:20 AM
Make sure you bring charcoal and a lighter and foil too. That was all that was missing that we noticed. We remembered them the next time and really enjoyed steaks on the outdoor grill!

Have fun!:mickey:

MomTo3Tiggers
02-11-2009, 01:53 PM
It depends how much you cook. I can make it work for my family of 5 with differing dietary restrictions, but sometimes I have to get very creative about how I used what pots are available. For two people, I suspect I could make it work much more easily. If you're not planning on doing anything fancy, you should be good. If you are, then I second the comment about bringing a favorite pot or pan. If we drove instead of flew, I would.

TinaAndGlenn
02-11-2009, 04:45 PM
Thanks

SFTrny
02-14-2009, 08:32 PM
Your perception of the cabin kitchens will be greatly influenced by your desire to cook. There are some very basic utensils, but if you like cooking then you will need to pack some extras. If you are thinking about cooking in the cabins, you will want to make at least one grocery run off-property. Check into your cabin and do an inventory. Then go to the grocery store and stock up based on what you will need.