PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Keeper

Disney-Nut
02-10-2009, 08:33 AM
I just recieved kingdom keepers II, do i nead to read number 1 first?

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
02-10-2009, 08:41 AM
If it follows other series that Ridley Scott has had a hand in...the Peter and the Starcatcher series.....then yes, you need to read the 1st one.
I do know the 1st one is great and avaible in paperback. I always recommend reading series in order.

Diznee4Me
02-10-2009, 10:35 AM
Kingdom Keepers doesn't have anything to do with the "Peter" series (which is also pretty good) but it would be a good idea to read Kingdom Keepers because a lot of what is going on in Kingdom Keepers II is a continuation.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
02-10-2009, 10:47 AM
I didn't mean follows as in tied to but follows as in they build one on the other. The 1st Peter and the Starcatchers builds up to the 2nd and 3rd.
And I meant Ridley Pearson...not Ridley Scott....I don't think very well first thing in the mornings.
The background information that you get in the 1st Kingdom Keepers is very valuable. I can't imagine reading the 2nd book without having read the 1st before hand.

stitchaholic
02-10-2009, 01:36 PM
i just finished the second one,and i cannot wait until the 3rd is out,the way he left it,i am sure there will be a 3rd.
is the peter series as good?

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
02-10-2009, 02:39 PM
The Peter series is different and written with Dave Barry....I personally loved them. But I have enjoyed them.

magicofdisney
02-10-2009, 02:40 PM
I agree the first is needed to truly appreciate the second. I haven't finished the second one yet (about half way through) but it's interesting to hear there may be a third.

DisneyFreak23
02-10-2009, 08:16 PM
I would highly recommend reading number 1 fist. It makes alot more sense that way.

LarryBoy
02-11-2009, 09:42 AM
We are almost finished reading KK 2 to our DS8. He has loved these books because he is a huge WDW fan, as are his parents. He has already said he wants us to slow down because he doesn't want it to end. Does anybody know if there is going to be a book three and when it might come out?

Stich8818
02-11-2009, 09:59 AM
We are almost finished reading KK 2 to our DS8. He has loved these books because he is a huge WDW fan, as are his parents. He has already said he wants us to slow down because he doesn't want it to end. Does anybody know if there is going to be a book three and when it might come out?

I looked it up on Wiki (keep that in mind) Advised that the 3rd would be out by Aug 09 and also gave some info of what may or may not be in the book.

pixiesmimi
02-11-2009, 06:17 PM
I had read Kingdom Keepers about a year or so ago and when I read KK II, I was suddenly lost on some of the characters and story line. I finished the book but then went back and reread the first one and figured out what he was talking about. It had been just long enough for me to forget some of the storyline of the first one. So, you can read the second one first but you will enjoy and understand it more if you read the first one first. Both are very good. I certainly look at the MK a little different every time I go now, thinking "I wonder if that really exists." :D

jrkcr
02-16-2009, 11:39 AM
DH read KK1 aloud to me at bedtime. It took about 6 months!! I keep falling asleep, so he had to repeat almost every chapter twice. I fall asleep really quickly! :sleepin:

We plan to start KK2 in March, and hopefully be finished by the time KK3 comes out!