PDA

View Full Version : T-Rex at Downtown Disney

tlhewitt52
02-09-2009, 05:53 PM
My husband and I are thinking about trying this restaurant with our 2 ds Can anyone tell me about their experience and what they thought.. Also can you call and make reservations through Disney itself or do you have to call the restaurant directly and how far out can you make reservations!! Thanks!

the other micki
02-09-2009, 07:07 PM
I have not actually been to the restaurant yet (we're going in April), but some friends of mine said it was really cool! You call this number for ressies: 1-407-828-8739. You can call 180 days in advance.

pdrlkr
02-09-2009, 07:36 PM
We where there in January. It is very cool! It is also very busy. The food was actually very good. The portions were also very large. :eat: We could not make reservations but the wait was only about 30 mins despite being really busy.

tink179
02-09-2009, 08:04 PM
We were also there in January and found the food to be very good. A lot better than Rainforest Cafe. Portions are very huge. If you're not big eaters I would suggest sharing a meal. My DH and I have decided that's what we'll do next time. Also, all sandwiches come with chips instead of fries. They're extra. We each got fries with our meal and had a ton left over. That atmosphere is very cool! We were in the Fire room I believe. They encourage you to walk around and explore the rest of the restaurant if you would like also. The bathrooms are even neat! :mickey: We went at around 11:30 and didn't have a wait, but during our lunch around 12 or so there started to be a line up.

dizfanforever
02-09-2009, 10:13 PM
We were there w/ our three DS (10,8 and 4) about three weeks ago. The boys absolutely loved it. I thought the food was kinda pricey, but the atmosphere made it worth it.
There is a neat dig site to keep the kids occupied if you have to wait for a table. It's like a mini "Boneyard" at the Animal Kingdom, if you've been there...that's a good way to describe it.
My kids really liked the "meteor shower" that takes place every few minutes (10 or 15 minutes intervals, I'd say) and they liked walking through the rest of the rooms on our way out. It is loud...don't expect to have a quiet conversation!
We'd go again!
:thumbsup:

ThanxForNoticin
02-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Another thumbs-up from us. We ate there in January and enjoyed the experience. We had a very large group for dinner, and they were able to keep us together. I heard only good comments about the food and the restaurant from our group.

tlhewitt52
02-10-2009, 08:09 PM
tHANKS TO ALL OF YOU i CALLED AND MADE RESERVATIONS YESTERDAY FOR OUR TRIP!!! i AM LOOKING FORWARD TO EATING THEIR VERY MUCH AND i THINK MY BOYS WILL BE SO EXCITED, ESPECIALLY BECAUSE THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW WERE GOING, IT'S A SURPRISE. AND WERE GOING TO EAT HERE OUR FIRST NIGHT WHY WE STAY AT AN OFF SITE HOTEL TILL WE GET ONSITE THE NEXT DAY!

Gayle
02-11-2009, 04:15 PM
Can you use the disney dining plan ? thanks

tink179
02-11-2009, 04:20 PM
Can you use the disney dining plan ? thanks

No you can't use the dining plan. It is a Landry's owned restaurant.

artyboy
02-12-2009, 04:46 PM
Sorry to report...we didn't like it. Far too loud and disorienting.

Food and potions were fine, but something just didn't sit well, and we left before we were done eating.

Point: We also do not like Rainforest Cafe...same problems, but magnified here.

Just my 2 cents.