PDA

View Full Version : Pop

Disneymamaof5
02-09-2009, 03:08 PM
We are going to be staying at POP in May, and we were wondering if there are any specific things that we should know, or anywhere in particular we should request to stay? Any requests that might make our stay more enjoyable?

tinklover
02-09-2009, 04:09 PM
we stayed at pop in June. upon check in we did not have a room assigned to us so we were asked where would we like to live? so I asked if we could be near the hippy dippy pool they put us in the 60's buiilding in the back facing the lake. we were in room 4354 and I got woken up our first night there by fireworks from epcot. it was so magical i stood at my door and watched teh fireworks and went back to bed.

AmandaChan
02-09-2009, 04:51 PM
One of the things I liked the most about Pop is the bus service is really good and you never have to catch a ride with another value resort like ASsports does w/ASmovies (right?)... We stayed in the 50's portion and it was quite a bit of walk to the bus station every day but we're young and bustling with no kids so we dealt. Other than that service was great and CM's were friendly! Have fun! p.s. we went in May last year to Pop, great time for the weather and crowds, we think!

Tink#64
02-09-2009, 11:13 PM
:tink:We love Pop, it is our WDW home! We have stayed in bldg #4 of the 60's section (preferred building, behind the giant Play-Do can) 3 times and we love the view of HourGlass Lake and SSE from the end of the walkway. We have watched part of IllumiNations many times from the end of the walkway but as we usually aren't in bed at 9:00, it's never woken us up or bothered us at all. I actually don't remember being able to hear it, but maybe I've just forgotten. It's really very quiet in that area, very little foot traffic and away from the pools, & very peaceful. This isn't the closest building, but still a short enough walk to Classic Hall and the bus stops. We enjoy watching the ducks in the lake & you can usually see them in the morning around the Hippy Dippy pool between 6 & 7 am! That is until the staff that's cleaning the pool area, encourages them to head back to the lake! I love watching them!

Last year we stayed in bldg #10 of the 70's section, and we really liked that too. This wasn't a preferred bldg, but super close to the bus stops because we could take the sidewalk out to the parking lot & it brought us out at the end of Classic Hall where you find the bus stops! We didn't request this section, when I made ressies, there wasn't anything available in preferred, it was a very last minute trip! We booked & arrived a week & 2 days later! If I wasn't going to request a preferred bldg, then I would definitely ask for that room again! :thumbsup: I thought was closer to most things, but DH prefers our 60's section!

We love to walk around the property at Pop & take pictues with all the cool icons, at night alot of them are lit up. There are neat signs all over the property of significant dates & events over the last decade! We take pics in front of the ones that are significant to us. My DS's, 11 & 13, still enjoy getting sprayed in the water jets. This is a seperate water feature just outside of Classic Hall & to the left. I don't believe the other values have this. We enjoy getting a festive drink from the Petals pool bar & relaxing while our DS's hang out in the pool. We love the music that's played there around the pool, in fact there's music played all over the property, just like in the parks!

Obviously I could go on & on, we really enjoy Pop and I hope you like it as much as we do! If you have any other questions, feel free to pm me.