PDA

View Full Version : Disappointing treatment by reservationist

japhilli
02-09-2009, 02:12 PM
I called last Thursday to make our annual WDW reservation and this is what happened.

I called to see about making a reservation and told the CM I had a few questions.

She was extremely rude and condescending throughout the enitre conversation.

Every question I asked her first comment was "I have no idea what you are talking about". I would then rephrase my question and she gave short and to the point answers.

I told her that I was going to make a room only reservation and decide later if I wanted to add tickets and dining. Her comment "Well, whatever you want but it might not be available when you make up your mind." I said why would it not be available and she again said "I have no idea what you are talking about" so I explained that I did not understand why food and tickets wouldn't be available at a later date. She said "Oh...so what date do you want?"

Later I asked if I could mail a check for the deposit and she said "People don't use checks anymore and besides we have to have your money now." I asked if the reservation could not be held 10 days as in the past and she said "No." I said well then I will have to wait and she said "Whatever."

I asked again for the total of the package and she quoted a price with insurance. I asked what the total would be without insurance and she said "If really want to know, subtrat a hundred dollars."

I quickly ended the conversation with her and decided I would call some other time to make my reservation with someone else.

Anyone else experienced this kind of treatment? AND what would you do?

Aurora
02-09-2009, 02:16 PM
Whoa!! That was extremely unprofessional behavior for ANY customer service operator, let alone Disney. DId you get this person's name?

japhilli
02-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Yes, I did get her name.

Lynn J Mc
02-09-2009, 02:39 PM
Any time I get someone who acts like that or doesn't seem to know what they are talking about, I just hang up and call back. The next person will be totally different. I know it is a pain but it is worthwhile to get a decent person.

katzctkpt
02-09-2009, 02:39 PM
Boy, if that was my DH that she was talking to he'd said let me talk with your supervisor NOW. If I were you I'd call back and talk to the supervisor about the cm rude unprofessional behavior.

TinkerbellT421
02-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Boy, if that was my DH that she was talking to he'd said let me talk with your supervisor NOW. If I were you I'd call back and talk to the supervisor about the cm rude unprofessional behavior.

:ditto::exactly: Except I dont have a husband that would have been me or DBF that would have done it. There is no excuse for someone to act like that. Sorry to hear you had that kind of experience. I think I would definitely call back to another CM and maybe start the conversation off by explaining the situation you had with the other CM, and maybe ask to file a complaint with a super. If you have the persons name (I usually always right dates and times that I got on the phone with the person) because you know they record those conversations. I would tell them to go back to the recording. Last time I had an experience like that was with my Home Depot credit card when I called about a charge I wasnt familiary with. I hung up unsatisifed with an extremely upset with the rude comments he had towards me. Two days later I got a followup call asking about my experience and I told them everything. I told them the name date and time the conversation started and told them their best bet would be to listen to the recording...She said she would note that. Well two days later I got a call from the Vice President of the company and told me they were so sorry about it, they listened to the call and after the verbal abuse I received they were wiping my balance clean on the credit card. I was shocked. And I didnt even threaten to never shop there again lol. Sometimes it pays off to make sure your record dates/times and names. Its usually the best way because then you can proove you aren't making it up.

JPL
02-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Just another reason to use Magical Journeys :mickey:

There is absolutely no benefit to booking directly through Disney. Amd the training of the CMs working reservations might be at an all time low.

NotaGeek
02-09-2009, 03:49 PM
I think that unprofessional people in any situation really affect a companies image. I believe that as consumers we are responsible for reporting this type of treatment immediately. We are also responsible for reporting wonderful service ... so companies know that good employes are appreciated. Disney has had to hire LOTS of un-Disney like folks because of their abysmal pay scales ... I hope you were upset enough to report his CM to a supervisor.

KylesMom
02-09-2009, 03:51 PM
Just another reason to use Magical Journeys

There is absolutely no benefit to booking directly through Disney. And the training of the CMs working reservations might be at an all time low.

Amen. Before we found MJ, we went through this very thing - I think I was on the phone for almost an hour with a CM who hadn't a clue what I was referring to with A/P discounts, guaranteed King rooms, etcetera.

You did the right thing - I hung up and started over. At least I received a knowledgeable CM the second time around.

The biggest question I have about reporting is this: With the exception of the above (his name was "Robert"), I have never gotten a "normal" name when making room ressies or ADRs. Are they really utilizing a real, reportable name when you make a reservation or inquiry?

sndral
02-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Clearly this cm is in a position which is, shall we say, unsuited to her talents, you would be doing her as well as the rest of us a favor by alerting disney to the need to further train, or whatever this cm.

wendy*darling
02-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Write to Disney Guest Communications. Just tell them what you told us here.
Include names, dates and times.
They are very responsive and care about guest reactions- good and bad.

You can email them:
[email protected]

--or--

snail mail:
Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

And I'll add my vote to using Magical Journeys! (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/) :thumbsup:

tink'72
02-09-2009, 04:37 PM
I've recevied the same sort of treatment in the past booking through Disney. This year I am a DVC member and thought the treatment would change. No such luck. I couldn't believe how rude and unhelpful the DVC people were when I called. Last week a called to add a few days and finally got an exceptional woman who spent the time with me on the phone explaining everything! That is not the norm though. Very disappointing.

AmandaChan
02-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Never have experienced that kind of treatment and I would have said something along the lines of 'I don't know what side of the bed you woke up on this morning but if you hate your job so much then why don't you just find another one' --- or say something like 'i don't appreciate being talked to that way!!!' Disney vacations are WAY too expensive to be ruined by a Grumpy McGrump-pants making the reservation! Good choice on waiting to call another time!

Goofy4TheWorld
02-09-2009, 05:33 PM
So is it true that Disney will hold a package reservation for 10 days to wait for you to send a check for the deposit?

Does the same 10-day waiting period apply through Magical Journeys?

Tinkerfreak
02-09-2009, 05:50 PM
So is it true that Disney will hold a package reservation for 10 days to wait for you to send a check for the deposit?

Does the same 10-day waiting period apply through Magical Journeys?

Yes it is either 10 days or 2 weeks. Terrisue just put a courtesy hold on a package for me. Unfortunately I won't be able to go but it was nice to know the room was on hold so I could think about it before putting money down. It was for April vacation so I wasn't sure how long the room would even be available.

coloradowendyl
02-09-2009, 06:14 PM
2009 booking rules changed slightly. Packages or rooms may be held for up to 7 days as a courtesy hold at which time a deposit would be due if you chose to book. As we book directly with Disney, the Disney booking terms will apply.

Packages require a $200 deposit. Balance due 45 days prior to travel. Cancellation is 45 days as well. 6-44 days is $100 and $200 for 0-6 days. Changes within 45 days may incur fees.

Rooms require a 1 night plus tax deposit. Balance is due upon arrival. Cancellation is 5 days prior or forfeit of deposit.

The biggest question I have about reporting is this: With the exception of the above (his name was "Robert"), I have never gotten a "normal" name when making room ressies or ADRs. Are they really utilizing a real, reportable name when you make a reservation or inquiry?
Castmembers have stage names they use rather than their legal names, however, each call is recorded and if you have the time/date/castmember name, it can be traced.

Wendy

beksy
02-09-2009, 07:24 PM
Wow, I use MJs but called directly once before and didn't have any experience like this. The man I talked to was super-friendly and helpful, giving me dining suggestions, resort suggestions, etc. I have had some CMs that weren't very friendly when I was making/changing ADRs.

pink
02-09-2009, 08:09 PM
I had an experience sort of similar to yours when I was booking my trip last year but my person wasn't rude he just didn't know what he was talking about! I later found out that the few questions I asked him, he gave me all wrong information.

As for your rude girl, at the end of the call they have a rating system you can do and they ask you how helpful your person was and so on. Next time something like that happens to you (I hope it doesn't) stay on the line after they hang up to let them know they were not helpful at all. :mickey:

felix18
02-10-2009, 09:35 AM
WOW--Contact Magical Journeys and book with them, They will never treat you like that. They will help you with every step and answer all of your questions. They will also get any discounts that are out there for your trip. I will never use anyone else. Good luck:mickey:

Tygger7
02-10-2009, 10:46 AM

There is absolutely no benefit to booking directly through Disney. Amd the training of the CMs working reservations might be at an all time low.

That was going to be my comment....after using Magical Journeys, I'll never book a Disney vacation any other way. One point of contact that can answer my questions, and gets me the best discounts available. I'm a customer for life. :cloud9:

RocknBev
02-10-2009, 11:03 AM
If I worked for Disney, I would always be nice! The rude McGrumpy people need to get a life or a new job. :rant: Oh wait...there are no available jobs...so it is up to us to report when they are rude and uninformative so WDW can pink slip them for someone else to take their place....maybe me!:mickey:

mom2morgan
02-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Anyone else experienced this kind of treatment? AND what would you do?

Yikes! That's dreadful! I've called Disney many, many times - and I have to admit that even when I've been a real pain in the patootie - asking questions I should probably already know, or making multiple changes to my reservationg - I've always had EXCELLENT service. In fact, my comment has always been that they (or the ones I talk to at least) really know how to make you feel like YOU are doing THEM a favour by calling. Sounds like you got one with the opposite philosophy. From what I've heard, complaints after the fact don't tend to get a lot of response from Disney - but did you have a more positive experience when you called back?

japhilli
02-10-2009, 04:00 PM
As a matter of fact.....I called back yesterday after the news that Disney was extending the buy 4 get 3 deal. The person I spoke with was great and we got a wonderful deal.

dtootsie42
02-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Wow, I'm really sorry that this happened but not really surprised. This is the exact reason why we started using Magical Journeys.

I would have asked to speak to the cm's surpervisor....I have worked in customer service for years and I get really upset when I get poor service. There is never an excuse to treat a customer poorly and though you may have to bite your tongue to be civil in my book the customer is always right (even if they are wrong, Ha!)

Dec. 1997---Contemporary
Dec. 1999--Poly
June 2000--Disneyland
Dec. 2001---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2003---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2005---Poly Concierge
Nov. 2007---Poly Concierge
Oct. 2008--DisneyLand

Disneyfamilyof3
02-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Hi,

I've had two very rude reservationists in just the past two days! Both of these women seemed intent on "putting me in my place"; for no apparent reason at all. The first time, I shrugged it off; but this morning I didn't. I bluntly said, "You know what , lady? You've got some attitude problem, and I don't want to talk to you anymore. Put me back on line ; where I will ask the next CM to connect me with a supervisor! I never thought I'd say this, but WDW has gone *way* down hill in customer service; and I am not going to spend upwards of 4 thousand dollars for 7 days to be treated badly. From now on, I'm going to vacation in the Fla. Keys!":mad:

I will now start writing letters....:thedolls:

mom2morgan
02-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Hi,

I've had two very rude reservationists in just the past two days! Both of these women seemed intent on "putting me in my place"; for no apparent reason at all. The first time, I shrugged it off; but this morning I didn't. I bluntly said, "You know what , lady? You've got some attitude problem, and I don't want to talk to you anymore. Put me back on line ; where I will ask the next CM to connect me with a supervisor! I never thought I'd say this, but WDW has gone *way* down hill in customer service; and I am not going to spend upwards of 4 thousand dollars for 7 days to be treated badly. From now on, I'm going to vacation in the Fla. Keys!":mad:

I will now start writing letters....:thedolls:

I'm dying to know what kind of response you got!

Disneyfamilyof3
02-10-2009, 09:49 PM
Hi;

I will let everyone know once I send my complaint out. You know, I hate to complain about anyone: in fact, I'm usually the gal who enjoys putting in a good word about someone to their employer. But I don't see any reason why a WDW reservationist should be allowed to treat anyone calling up to make a dining reservation or whatever , in a bullying manner. Believe me, I know that most CM's are amazing and well matched to their job. Maybe I just had a bad run of luck in the timing of my call,...one of the rude ones went by the name , "Lisa" and the other by "Lavinia" or "Lavina" if that helps anyone here. I dealt with Lisa this morning;...she was incredibly rude, and she was the one I told off,...Lavinia was the one I just kept my cool.

I'd be interested in hearing if anyone else , who is phoning in around now, is experiencing ruder CM's as well. On a good note; when I finally lost my temper and told the CM exactly what I thought of her ; she completely stopped the power trip and realized that she was busted,....:confused:

goofy78
02-11-2009, 01:14 AM
unreal! it sounds as though this CM was very unprofessional. i have booked through disney before and not had a problem, but if this happened to me i would have asked for a supervisor immediately. you shouldn't have to deal with unprofessionalism in any setting and i certainly wouldn't expect it from disney. but i hear about it happening a lot. sorry to hear about your experience. i hope you have fun on your trip and that you don't have to deal with anyone like this again.

VWL Mom
02-11-2009, 08:01 AM
Unfortunately it's not just Disney, it's all over. You would think with all the people looking for work those with jobs would actually try to do them correctly.

Mousemates
02-11-2009, 08:52 AM
Unfortunately it's not just Disney, it's all over. You would think with all the people looking for work those with jobs would actually try to do them correctly.

Remember most of the time a selfish attitude does not gestate into rudeness overnight...rude folks have generally been that way for a while and a few months of recession is unlikely to change years of patterned behavior. Most likely the only thing that will jar the rudeness out of them will be when their rudeness actually costs them something...like their ownjob in a recession. At that point their self-interest might kick in and bring about change...or they might just get bitter.

pwdebbie
02-11-2009, 04:28 PM
This is for Wendy or any one else at MJ: When you book our reservations for us, do you have to call the same CMs we would have to or do you call a different phone number and / or work with specific CMs?

Tink1
02-11-2009, 04:48 PM
We do not call the same number as the general public, or run of the mill agencies. We have a specialized number that we call.

The cast members that answer phones at DRC are divided up, each dealing with the type of person calling on that line.

We get to "know" many of the ones we speak with on a daily basis.

We never speak with the ones talking to the general public.

Nanc

disneychick62
02-20-2009, 08:54 AM
Oh my gosh!! Can you say Magical Journeys??? :number1::number1::number1:

MickeyMousse
02-20-2009, 09:07 AM
I am all for getting the names of these nitwits and complaining to anyone and everyone about them. Take WendyDarling's great information and complain away.

In this economy, you'd think everyone would be dotting their i's and crossing their t's and not be so oblivious and rude.

A friend of mine, when told that their conversation might be monitored or taped, says that she too is taping the call. She swears it changes the entire tone of any representative-WDW or not!

BedknobsandBroomsticks
02-20-2009, 09:25 AM
I called two weeks ago to make my room only reservation and I had the nicest people evey time. I called 4 separate times. One lady didn't speak english without a heavy accent but she was still nice. I feel like I should also report good service so they know who is doing a great job too. I also, always make sure to thank these helpful folks and praise them for their efforts because they deserve it for doing a good job. :mickey:

disneynarula
02-24-2009, 05:53 AM

I agree 100%. I have spent the past week and a half dealing with Terrisue at MJ. She must have worked out at least ten or fifteen different scenarios with me. It was amazing. I did not have to any of the math myself. She worked it all out for me and was super quick with the response. I will never deal with WDW directly again.

KAT1811
02-24-2009, 12:38 PM

There is absolutely no benefit to booking directly through Disney. . .

WOW--Contact Magical Journeys and book with them, They will never treat you like that. They will help you with every step and answer all of your questions. They will also get any discounts that are out there for your trip. I will never use anyone else. Good luck:mickey:

We booked our last trip with MJ and they were fabulous. I drove poor Debbie crazy with changes to our reservations but she was always a wonderful help and never seemed to mind. It was much easier than dealing directly with Disney as we always had in the past (20+ trips). They monitor your reservation and get you all the best deals and you don't have to worry about missing a thing they take care of everything.

As for the CM I would send an email over to WDW relations and let tham know. I'm sure they cannot afford (like the rest of the country) to have rude CMs turning people away from Disney with rude behavior. No one should have to tolerate such behavior. Sorry for your experience and hope you start over with someone much better.

Ian
02-24-2009, 01:35 PM

There is absolutely no benefit to booking directly through Disney. Amd the training of the CMs working reservations might be at an all time low.Completely correct.

Also, make sure you report this idiot to Disney. That's ridiculous. I wouldn't tolerate that kind of treatment from a Holiday Inn.

AuntLaura
02-24-2009, 06:51 PM
I have found that I've had to be careful and specify that I want a room only reservation. We usually have annual passes. I have had it where the CM assumed I wanted a package when I didn't. That led to a lot of confusion in the phone call. I've always wondered whether the CMs had incentives to get guests to purchase packages rather than just to get room reservations.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-24-2009, 08:39 PM
Anytime I've called directly, I've had pretty nice CMs. However if I'd had one like that one, I would have said IMMEDIATELY-put your supervisor on the phone. And I would have made sure that I didn't hang up until I got a supervisor! I would not let that go by without addressing it right then.
In my line of work, I have employees/managers calling up giving my garbage because their checks are wrong (and they are the ones putting their hours in). If they are rude to me I'm going to give it back to them. However if they call up and are pleasant and polite I have no problem helping them. You get furthur being polite.

thumperbug
02-27-2009, 07:55 PM
I've had similar experiences with CM both as a consumer calling directly and now as a Disney Vacation planner.

It really sometimes is luck of the draw in terms with how competant and polite a CM is. I always always always (did I say always??) write down the name of the person the second they give it and I like to use their name during my calls to keep their attention.

There is no excuse in any customer service position, Disney or otherwise, for someone to be as rude as some of the posters have mentioned. If those CM's had a bad phone call prior to yours or has a case of the Monday's..they need to take a break and get away from that phone.

WDW guests are what pay their salaries...they don't just work for Disney. They work for every person who has saved their money for years for the trip of a life time at WDW.

I'm done with my little speech. For those who get the CMs who are rude, and not helpful...LET WDW KNOW. If no one reports it, it doesn't go away.

kemps@wdw
02-27-2009, 10:32 PM
I absolutely HATE hearing these kind of stories about my fave place. Luckily, I haven't experienced any CMs quite that bad...clueless, maybe, but not rude! I am, however, interested in contacting MJ for our 09 booking. How do I get in touch w/them? Thanks in advance!

Tink1
02-28-2009, 07:56 AM
All you need to do is fill out a request at https://www.magicaljourneystravel.com/quote_request.html and one of the agents will be in touch ASAP

Nanc

mickeefan
02-28-2009, 10:01 AM
Problems discussed here are a thing of the past for me.
Several years ago I found Wendy of MJ and things could not be better.
It's so great not having to constantly look for new deals or discounts.
Her patience as I drive her crazy could not be better.

Figaro0826
02-28-2009, 08:46 PM
I simply wanted to add a extra day of PH to my current reservations.
Without offending any of my intercots, its was a foreign person,wich I only mention due to the fact t heir english was so poor, whom I beleive wasnt even in the USA.

She had very little know ledge and was extremely rude.
this was about 930 pm.

I called the next day in the morning and got the nicesct person ever, so I take it they out source their calls late in the evening to a another company.

LauraleeH
03-01-2009, 12:15 AM
I would have asked to speak to her supervisor or anyone above her immediately. I had someone a lot like her and I hung up and called back later...but I think I should have demanded to speak to someone else. That's not acceptable anywhere!!

Belster
03-01-2009, 12:06 PM
I have always booked through Dinsey...but not anymore. I am now a Magical Journeys fan!!! I had the same issue recently and said forget it I am going with MJ. I am so upset I did not use Kathy before.