PDA

View Full Version : Illuminations

Disneymamaof5
02-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Where is the best spot to view Illuminations at Epcot?

Imagineer1981
02-09-2009, 01:40 PM
I personally have always liked watching from near Canada/England so you can see the whole thing, but near the bridge between china and the outpost is cool too

DDuck66
02-09-2009, 01:42 PM
We like to grab a spot between the two stores about an hour before the show. There are usually a couple of benches so that we can rest our weary feet. Only other place that has tempted us is to have a late dinner at Rose and Crown and watch it from there.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-09-2009, 02:34 PM
We've watched it a number of times from the Rose & Crown, and was great. Other times, when we didn't have dinner plans, we've watched from Canada (at the top of the stairs) and near the wheelchair veiwing area at the north end of the lake.

I'm not sure that there is a "bad" place to watch from :fworks:

BMan62
02-09-2009, 02:51 PM

Sure there is - headlong into the breeze!!!! That show creates a ton of smoke and ash!! Keep any breeze or wind to your back and you'll be fine wherever you watch it from.

crazygoalie39
02-09-2009, 05:07 PM
Our favorite place is Italy.

kemps@wdw
02-09-2009, 10:17 PM
Well...it depends on the wind! :fan: Our fave place to view is @ Rose & Crown. Late dinner on the patio overlooking the lagoon. Not a better seat in the house.:thumbsup: Other good places....the "front porch" @ the dept. store in Japan, :thumbsup:the bridge to France near the Int. Gateway, :thumbsup: the little lagoon-side cantina @ Mexico, :thumbsup: Pretty well anywhere along the inner railing around the lagoon is good viewing. If you want to avoid the leaving crowds, stay on the FW side of the lagoon. If you're like us and are not in a hurry to leave, then watching Illuminations from the WS side w/SE in the background is AWSOME!:thumbsup:

CaptSmee
02-09-2009, 10:59 PM
I've seen it 3 times from the Rose & Crown porch and each time am amazed! And too think last time we watched from there someone thought the view was too obstructed and left! LOL! People are weird sometimes...

pixiesmimi
02-09-2009, 11:47 PM
We've watched it a number of times from the Rose & Crown, and was great. Other times, when we didn't have dinner plans, we've watched from Canada (at the top of the stairs) and near the wheelchair veiwing area at the north end of the lake.

Yes, there is. Last time we watched, we went down in the little terrace in front of Canada and next to the bridge and had a perfect view. Then everyone started coming down there and STOOD at the wall closest to the water so that none of the rest of us could see. Even though we were sitting up on the stone planters, we would have had to stand up on them in front of everyone (which I refuse to do) in order to see. I was so mad by the time it was over, I was crying. People just kept coming down there and getting in front of others and I had to wonder if any of them realized how rude they were, blocking the view. All they had to do was take a seat on the steps and everyone would have been able to see.

We have sat on a bench in front of England next to the railing and had a wonderful view and that is probably where I will go back to. Also, it is right in front of the coffee kiosk so it is easy to run over there to get something before the show. :coffee:

Crow
02-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Ive seen it many times....once in the Canada/England area the wind brought all of the smoke over.....
my fav place is in the Japan area....2nd floor of the pavilion or so...esp if you exit via the International gateway afterwards

goofy78
02-11-2009, 12:02 AM
my favorite place is from rose & crown if i can get a late dinner in and stay for the show. :mickey:

MrPeetrie
02-11-2009, 05:39 PM
We've watched it a number of times from the Rose & Crown, and was great.

My wife and I watched it lakeside at Rose & Crown's once, too, and we were (lightly) covered in sulfur and ash at the end of the show. I guess the winds were blowing directly at us.

Our favorite place is around Italy.

big blue and hairy
02-12-2009, 08:28 AM
I'm not sure that there is a "bad" place to watch from :fworks:I'm pretty sure that across the from The Refreshment Outpost would be bad, unless you're really tall...;)

:sulley:

DisneyDog
02-12-2009, 10:24 AM
I had a pretty good view by France, while my DH was standing in line to get a grey goose slush!

DizNee143
02-12-2009, 10:35 AM
im a fan of in between england and france..or in front of italy...
or as my sister put it one day to a guest while she was working there and asked this question...he responese was - if you look up its your best bet!
lol..greatest and most logical answer ever! :D