PDA

View Full Version : Poly Building Request-Which one?

We LOVE Disney
02-09-2009, 11:31 AM
Hi

We just booked the Polynesian for our upoming trip to WDW with my husbands brother and his family and are staying at the Polynesian :mickey: I've stayed there before but it's been a while. What building should we request to be close to the main building and also the pool? Any and all tips, secrets, recommendations etc about the resort would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Tracy

Polynesian Dweller
02-09-2009, 08:19 PM
You haven't mentioned which room type you have (garden view, lagoon view or MK view). IMO the best garden view building is Tokelau. Its one of the newer buildings with the larger rooms and balconies on all floors (some buildings do not have balconies on the 2nd floor). Its located right beside the 'quiet' pool and a short walk to the volcano pool or main building.

If you have lagoon or MK view then I'd suggest Tahiti with probably the best water and MK views. On the map it will look further out, but in reality the Poly is not as spread out as the map would have you believe. Everything is a 5 - 7 minute walk from everywhere else at most(believe me, I've actually timed it because of all the questions here).

Have a great trip!

sndral
02-10-2009, 01:39 AM
I'd be interested in everyone's input as well, as I'll probably be booking 2 rooms/garden view @ the poly this wed.. I've never stayed there. The one thing I DON"T want is the parking lot facing rooms, which I believe are in rapa nui? I just really don't want to pay that kind of money to look @ someone else's car. So what can I do to avoid those?