PDA

View Full Version : Port Orleans - Riverside

Insanity Clause
02-09-2009, 10:53 AM
I have two basic questions really. Mid April me, DH, three of our five kids (Two yougest staying with grandma) and two of our best friends will be heading out to the world. Does PO offer adjoining rooms? We would really like to be able to be close to one another, at least the same building. I haven't seem my friend in a while and we don't want to have to walk clear over creation to spend time together...I live in Ohio and she lives in Utah.

The second question is on the comfort of the trundle bed? My son is 7 and he is the one that will be sleeping on it. I just would love some opinions on people who have had experience with Port Orleans.

69 days and counting!!!!

bobpfef
02-09-2009, 10:59 AM
My 8 year old daughter used the trundle bed for our recent week in POR and liked it fine. She said it confortable and they even remade the bed for her when we were in the parks.

Luv Eeyore
02-09-2009, 11:17 AM
My DS is also 7 and he did just fine with the trundle bed.

We LOVE Disney
02-09-2009, 11:28 AM
We have stayed at POR many times with 3 kids. Last year my 13 year old son slept on the trundle and was just fine. However, my son isn't very tall (he was probably 4'6" at the time we were there last summer) so I'm sure that makes a difference. I'd say 5' and under would be fine.

Also, they do offer adjoining rooms. We had adjoining rooms when we went a few years ago with my sister and her family.

:mickey:
Tracy

katzctkpt
02-09-2009, 02:30 PM
We are a family of 5 and our ds is 13 under 5" tall and sleeps on the trundle he says it's comfy and likes it just fine. They do have adjoining rooms you need to contact your travel agent and have them add that as a request and about 5 -10 days before your arrival contact the resort and request the adjoining room again. Then when you check in that morning at POR be sure to repeat again before they start keying info in the computer. Good luck!!

mom2morgan
02-10-2009, 08:41 PM
My SIXTEEN year old (5'4") slept on the trundle and was fine -said it was more comfortable than an air mattress on the floor, anyway. Really, kids can sleep pretty comfortably in places we adults wouldn't consider! ;-)

dixielandings
02-11-2009, 09:38 AM
I don't know if adjoining rooms carries an extra cost. But when we've traveled with another party in the past, we've requested that our ressies be linked. That way, they know you're together (even though your seperate) and you'll be close to each other. My parents were a couple doors down from us last time we did that. Better than adjoining, if you ask me.