PDA

View Full Version : Package Delivery to Resort

beksy
02-09-2009, 08:53 AM
I hate carrying things around the parks all day when I don't have to, but I'm also a shop-a-holic (not a good combo). I know that food can't be delivered to the resort but that other items purchased in the parks or at DTD can be. My question is, can all items at DTD (or all stores in DTD) ship the packages to the resort? How about if I do shopping in another resort? Will they ship things to another Disney resort (like from AKL to POR?)? Also the pictures that you buy with the meals...can they be sent to the resort? Thanks for the input! Of course this trip I have a built-in carrier known as my BF so it's not as much of an issue as it'll be on other trips! :secret:

wendy*darling
02-09-2009, 10:39 AM
Any purchases in the parks can be shipped back to your resort.
Downtown Disney stores as well- I am not aware of any exceptions.

I am not certain about resort to resort, but you can ask when you are there.

Also, remember to make your purchases early in your trip.
Resort delivery is not available the last 2 days of your trip.
For example, if you are checking out on Friday, you cannot do resort delivery on Thursday or Friday.

Don't forget about package pickup at the front of each park. If you don't want to carry your purchases with you, they can be sent to the front of the park so you can pick them up as you exit.

And lastly- you can ship things home. If you buy a ton of stuff at the World of Disney- or something fragile or large- consider having it all shipped right to your home. You'll pay shipping charges, but no tax. So it kind of evens out.

Have fun shopping! :mickey:

RocknBev
02-09-2009, 10:45 AM
We love the ship home option! Although we never fly, it keeps the car less crowded and I don't have to worry about the breakage!

I have never tried to have something delivered between resorts but let us know the result for future reference!

Aggie97
02-09-2009, 08:54 PM
I also love to shop at WDW but can't stand carrying around packages! :blush:

We have used resort-to-resort package delivery for several years without any issues. Do keep in mind: resort-to-resort delivery takes longer than park- or DTD-to-resort delivery. In October, we were instructed to allow up to four days for resort-to-resort delivery (and our resort-to-resort deliveries did take three to four days to arrive).

Also, pins cannot be delivered to your resort; you must carry them with you. I am not sure whether pins can be sent to package pick-up at the front of a park, though. :mickey:

goofy78
02-11-2009, 12:57 AM
you shouldn't have any issues other than timing. i love the option of having your purchases delivered to your room. its almost like getting it twice! but it definitely cuts down the having to carry stuff around all day.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-11-2009, 09:41 AM
Also, pins cannot be delivered to your resort; you must carry them with you. I am not sure whether pins can be sent to package pick-up at the front of a park, though. :mickey:

Unless this is something new, we've always been able to send pins in the packages to both the front and the resort. It's food we can't send.

beksy
02-11-2009, 10:02 AM
Thanks everyone! I love this option and want to use it to its fullest, although I do usually end up just mailing some items home so I don't have to worry about breakage, etc. :thumbsup:

AmandaChan
02-11-2009, 12:02 PM
We've utilized the package shipping on more than one occasion for sure. Not sure about package shipping from resort to resort because they MIGHT assume that you're not going to be spending that much time AT the resort you're shopping at like you would at the parks???

Not aware of any exceptions, either.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-11-2009, 12:26 PM
They will ship resort-to-resort, but it takes up to 5 days.

Kenny1113
02-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Also, remember to make your purchases early in your trip.
Resort delivery is not available the last 2 days of your trip.
For example, if you are checking out on Friday, you cannot do resort delivery on Thursday or Friday.

Really? My last trip, we purchased items in Japan that were fragile and did not want to walk around park with them. So we had them shipped to our resort. They did not even ask when we were checking out(we were checking out next day). Filled out green sheet and told us it would be available after 1pm.We ended up eventually just picking it up at the front gate at the end of the day.