PDA

View Full Version : my son wants to eat w/ mickey, my mil wants to "do" lunch...

msbookite
02-08-2009, 09:56 PM
any suggestions?

is my only option to do a late breakfast? i worry that b/c chef mickey (or is it mickey cafe?) is buffet style that by 10:30 or 11 it won't be very good quality...am i right to be concerned?

do i have any other options?

thanks in advance for your help. we are going mid march so i'd like to book these asap, i didn't realize it would be SO complicated!

oh also...how do i actually BOOK the reservations? i keep finding pkgs but no way to just book ONE meal! ugh!!

thanks again!!
Lara
TN

the other micki
02-08-2009, 10:10 PM
:welcome: to Intercot, Lara! I can't answer all of your questions, but I'll try to help a little. To make an advance dining reservation (ADR) call: 1-800-WDW-DINE.

Besides Chef Mickey's, another option might be Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House Restaurant in AK.

Hope you have a great trip! :mickey:

Coaster_Chick!
02-08-2009, 10:17 PM
u can book the latest breakfest ressie @ chef mickeys around 10:45 or 11 wich would be close to lunch time... :mickey:

msbookite
02-08-2009, 11:04 PM
micki and anna thank you for your responses! micki, thank you for the #. if i call it can they verify that mickey visits the other local? (in AK)

anna, will the quality of food be the same coming in at the end? i would hope so but...i'd love it if i could be reassured by someone who's been there, done that, :0)

all this b/c i have an almost 7 yo son...otherwise we'd just do princess stuff and call it GREAT! LOL! the things i do to make him happy...(his sister isn't getting a choice, hopefully we'll see enough princess sparkle and glitter throughout the part that she won't give it a thought)

the other micki
02-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Yes, the CM should be able to tell you where to find Mickey at breakfast. I think Mickey is also at Ohana's breakfast, along with Lilo and Stitch. I don't know about eating late at the buffets. Someone will come along with an answer to that.

Tink#64
02-08-2009, 11:27 PM
:welcome: I haven't done CM's but we've have the latest possible seating at another buffet style character breakfast and everything was great! We chose the latest seating and it was our lunch, but this was at Hollywood & Vine in DHS (MGM). We scheduled that way so we could take advantage of the smaller crowds in the early AM in the park to visit as many attractions as possible and this worked great! As I think these meals are always crowded, the food gets replenished on a regular basis and everything was fresh, and yummy!

We're planning CM's for our next trip and even though it seems like more people that prefer the breakfast expeience, I think we're going to schedule our adr's for dinner so we aren't crazy rushed trying to fit this in during earliest seatings or miss out on our morning in the park!

Hope this helps! :mickey:

Mousemates
02-09-2009, 08:45 AM
While I can't speak for all the character breakfast buffets, we've done a fairly late breakfast at 1900 Park Fare and the buffet tables were well stocked and the food was still fresh and tasty at the end of our meal.

Charlee
02-09-2009, 09:34 AM
We got the latest breakfast ADR at 1900 Park Fare last trip (about 11.20) and thought this was the best character meal we had and I will do the same this year at Chef Mickey's.
The buffet was still fresh and tasty, we got more time with the characters as the restrauant was beginning to clear out and I actually ate more than I do for an early ADR and it was more like brunch than breakfast. We were filled up until the evening and so spent most of the rest of day enjoying the parks and not worrying about grabbing something to eat.

wdwfansince75
02-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Our gang likes to do late breakfasts, and have dined with Mickey for breakfast at Ohana's, Tusker House, and Chef Mickey's. My personal favorite is Tusker House, for Donald's Safari Breakfast. Last June, we had a 10:30 ADR. Food was great. Much more like a brunch than a breakfast....and the Character interaction was about the best we ever experienced.

If you are concerned about a late breakfast, Ohana's breakfast is served family style, and does feature Mickey, along with Lilo and Stitch....and Pluto. Wonderful setting for breakfast, with a view of the castle, and a short monorail ride from MK.

Making an ADR (Advanced Dining Reservation is a piece of cake.....just call 407-WDW-DINE...and they will work with you to get the time you want. If you chose to do a late ADR at Ohana's or Chef Mickey's, do the rope drop (opening ceremony) at MK, do a few rides, and hop the Monorail to breakfast....If you do Tusker House, do the opening at AK, head for the earliest Kilamanjaro Safari ride, one of the walking tours, (Pangani or Maharajah) perhaps the Bug show, and head for breakfast. Of course, if your son wants to do Expedition Everest, head there first.

If you decide to try Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House, note that we try to avoid AK on the morning Extra Magic Hours days, which, for March 2009, are all Mondays....Any other day for AK should be relatively light that time of year.

Nut4DW
02-09-2009, 12:14 PM
My DH and I ate at Chef Mickey's in December - our ADR was at 11:20 - and we found the food to be excellent. They were still bringing out fresh items all the way through the time we were there. We also found the character interaction to be fantastic. They seemed to take more time with everyone than any other place we went to - even with us "old" folks - and especially with the children. Enjoy!

stitchaholic
02-09-2009, 12:15 PM
we are just back from there and did 3 character breakfasts,all later morning.

i love stitch,so we did ohana which i loved last year,it was good this year also,the coffee there is always amazing.

the second and best one we did was chef mickeys,we ate there at 10:30 am and the food was fresh and hot and constantly being changed.it wass by far my favorite breakfast,i loved the variety and the breakfast pizza was delish!

the 3rd was tusker house,it was also good,but i prefered chef mickeys. tusker house is the only character meal with daisy though!

hope this helps!

msbookite
02-10-2009, 06:16 AM
wow!

thank you everyone, SO much!! i took a day off from here to rake the last of the leaves (yes i KNOW it is february! LOL!) and i return after a good LOOONG night's sleep to find this. thank you all for your imput! i feel i now have enough info to make the best decision (for character dining) for our family. you really are a great resource. i had intercot recommended to me by a friend in Utah and i will be sure to recommend you to everyone i know here, since we are in TN and most go to DW rather than DL from here.

i'm now thinking of another question i have...off to start another post! LOL!

much appreciation!!
Lara