PDA

View Full Version : Photos before meals by photographer

5togetherWDW
02-08-2009, 11:43 AM
I know that some of the table service meals start with a group photo - which is then brought to the table for sale. Is there a list of which are meals are doing this? I know that Animal Kingdom's breakfast and Ohanas both did -- but Crystal Palace did not.
At the ones we have done, the photo package was of a shot with a sign with the restaurant's name - rather than an actual character. Do any of the meals do a character group shot?
Also, do any offer photpass pictures,now? A year or so back, we had a Photopass photographer at Crystal Palace, but only by the topiary - again, no characters . . . .

TheRustyScupper
02-08-2009, 01:31 PM
1) No official list, of which I am aware.
2) The photos do not include characters, just the eatery sign.
3) These are not included within photopass.

NOTE: These are meant for revenue, so they are separate from photopass.

RockChalkKimball
02-08-2009, 02:56 PM
We had pictures taken at Chef Mickey's a few years ago. I think Cinderella's Royal Table has also offered it in the past, though we have not done that one.

Pirate Granny
02-08-2009, 03:03 PM
We were a grand gathering five separate family groups...and we ate at Chef's Mickey's...they took five sets of individual family pictures and then one big group picture which included everyone. I purchased some pictures and they gave us the number(s) and told me to put on our photopass...since I pre-purchased the photopass CD...it worked well...although I would've only purchased one set as I got all six sets for free on my photopass.

:pirate:

Breochaid
02-08-2009, 03:52 PM
We just went in December and ate at the Akershus Princess Breakfast in Epcot. We received a complimentory photo of our DD with Belle.

TinkerbellT421
02-08-2009, 05:01 PM
* Akershus came with the dinner package so it was not at an extra charge. comes with a 8 x 10 in a photoframe of the name of the restaurant. Also came with 4 4x6's. - with charcater, ours was Belle
* Hoop De Doo does a group photo for purchase. - just the eatery sign
* Spirit of Aloha does a group photo for purchase as well. - not an eatery sign but in front of some sort of totem pole type things...

Thats all I know of from personal experience.

Magic Smiles
02-08-2009, 07:15 PM
If you buy the photo, they do come with the code which can be added to your photopass CD. We did that with all of our character meal photos. If I remember correctly with the code you get all of the photos they took, not just the one your purchase.

disneyfan328
02-10-2009, 09:16 AM
pp are correct - if you purchase the photos (except where they are included in the meal like CRT) they can be added to your photopass account, and yes you get all shots taken, not just the one that you purchase. CRT photos and any others which come as part of your meal can also be added to your photopass. There is a code on the photo as well as on the receipt to do so but I think you have to do it at home? not sure if you can add them while you are still in the parks or not.

yjgirl32
02-10-2009, 11:09 AM
Wow that is really great to know- we will be a grand gathering (group of 9) in Sept. This will help alot since we are hopefully going to be eating at a couple of places with photos. Thanks for the help.