PDA

View Full Version : Best Non-Holiday Week/Off months - Opinions please

Gregandmel
02-08-2009, 09:37 AM
We got back from our 1st trip to WDW back in October and have started our "savings jar" for another trip. Can't believe how BADLY I already want to go back!!!! I'm trying to factor in the best month to go and would like opinions. I know that each month has pros and cons (weather, holidays, etc..) but our choices are: 1st week in October, or sometime in FEbruary (not Presidents Week) or sometime late April/early to mid May. This would be for 2010. Any thoughts on crowd levels? Our 1st week in October was manageable - but still pretty HOT!! Would love to know from some experts what they considered "the perfect time" (although I know there is really no "slow" time any longer!!)

beksy
02-08-2009, 10:09 AM
We've been over New Year's, in February, and through the summer months. This year I'm trying the second week of May and then over New Year's through the first part of next January. I prefer February of the times we've tried so far. The first time we went we had a couple of days that it was FREEZING! (and we were coming from VA). The parks were actually emptying because it was too cold to be out but this is very unusual I think. Last year the temperature was just about prefect. We went the week before President's Day and the crowds were very manageable. Using fastpass and EMHs we didn't have any waits over half an hour. :thumbsup: In the day we could wear summer clothes and didn't freeze after water rides (although that 2nd time on Kali was a mistake since I was drenched from the 1st time!). At night the most we needed was a light coat. I'd recommend this time.

markyv
02-08-2009, 10:46 AM
We like early february too, but my favorite week to go is starting the Monday after thanksgiving. Crowds are next to nothing and the weather is perfect.

sassy2000
02-08-2009, 12:44 PM
We have been several times the last wk of April thru 1 st wk of May and always enjoy it. The weather is usually warm but not too hot. The parks stay open later then they do in the winter and the crowds are very manageable. I've been the 3rd wk of Oct and found lighter crowds end of April. :mickey:

Tick-Tock
02-08-2009, 01:24 PM
We've been in December, February, April, May, and September/October. End of April/beginning of May is my favorite. Usually not too hot; it also never seems as humid as the fall. No chance of hurricanes. Flower & Garden show. Really one of the best times of year to go!

BugeyedMuggy
02-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Another vote for end April, early May.:thumbsup: