PDA

View Full Version : my trip report

stitchaholic
02-07-2009, 11:10 PM
cast,me(mom),DD(9),DS(7)
jan 26th
we arrived in sunny orlando at pop century at 12:00PM,the weather was sunny and hot,we checked in at pop and left to go to MK.
we rode TM,and then Slash and did the ever popular stitch,POTC then headed over to crystal palace for our ressie.
we hung out after and rode space mountain and a few others and headed back before wishes,we were too tired to deal with the crowds.

jan 27th
woke up and had mickey waffles at pop and headed out to DHS,it was not at all crowded and the weather was fine and dandy.
we rode RRRC twice,TOT twice(i finally got my kids on it and they loved it!),we then waited 35 minuted to ride TSM,what a great ride we also loved the interactive MR.potato head in the cue.
we left to go to DD to eat lunch at WPE,it was awesome(will eloborate more in my dining reviews),did some shopping and visited goofy's for some dipped goodies.
we had ressies at cape may's for dinner,but cancelled them,we were too full from lunch.
we headed back to MK and had the parc almost to ourselves,rode our favorite rides and had some cassies dogs later in the evening,then rode space several times,there was no wait at all.
jan 28th
headed to AK first thing in the morning,it was another beutiful day in Disney,we rode AK 3 times as there was no wait yet,we went and watched the bird show then i headed over to andupur tea co and got a frozen chai,it was the best thing i ever had,i enjoyed it while watching the african band near dinoland,rode a few rides in DL and headed over to KS,it said it would only be a 30 minute wait,however we waited 50 minutes and i was worried that we would miss our yak and yeti ressie,but we made iton time and we had great views of most of the animals.
we ate at yak and yeti,but i wasn't completely impressed with the food,it was so-so.
we then headed over to RPW and met jimini cricket.
we went back to POP,had a swim,but the temps were heading down quickly. we stayed at pop for supper,did some shopping and played in the arcade and went back to the room for another horrible sleep in a horrible bed with the giant dip in the center.
jan 29th

woke up early AM after having hardly slept,I had made up my mind,we were leaving POP.i headed down to see beverly in concierge to explain and see what we could arrange,after several phone calls,she found us a room at CRS,however,we had a ressie for the best friends breakfast in under an hour,not much time to pack,so i told beverly that we would go for breakfast and come back to pack up,but she wouldn't hear of it,she didn't want out vacation to be upset like that,so she told us to go pack as quickly as possible and leave the bags under the window.when we came down there was a long line,she waved me over ,left the line and brough us outside to Bob who was going to bring us to the poly in a disney van,and she had arranged to have out luggage brought over to CSR,i was very impressed and thankful for the great service,Bob amused my kids with disney trivia the whole way over to poly. we had a great breakfast with lilo and stitch,we headed to CSR to see our new resort,but our room wasn't ready.
we checked in and left for epcot,rode SE,got a fstpass for soarin,rode MM,TT,anf then MM again,then used our fastpasses.
we headed over to france for my long awaited creme brulee,and the kids had a chocolate eclair and strwberry tart,we then headed back to CSR,by this time it was raining alot.
i called t-rex and got a ressie for 6:45,we headed DD and had a great time there,the service was excellent,the food was good,and the staff sang a loud happy birthday to my DD.
we did some shopping and goofy's and headed back for a nice sleep in our big room with our big beds,it was heavenly:cloud9:

jan 30th
woke up to rain and cold temps,headed to main building for breakfast.we went to cafe rix and had awesome coffee and quiche. we headed out to DHS and got a fastpass for TSM right away this time. we rode our favorites,looked in the shops,got a milkshake from dockside,while we were outside having our milkshake,we noticed that american idol was opening,so we went in to check it out,it was actually pretty entertaining,even my son who doesn't usually like this stuff,was riveted to it. the opening host was hilarious. we used our FP for TSM and headed back to CSR,it was clearing up so we went swimming ,my kids enjoyed the slide while i enjoyed the hot tub and a daquiri,so relaxing(i love this hotel!after a quick shower we were off to FW for the Hoop dee doo. after the show we went to the campfire and sing along and met with chip and dale and then made our way back to MK by boat,we got to see wishes on the water,pure disney magic.
next 3 days to follow tomorrow...

the other micki
02-08-2009, 12:02 AM
It sounds like things are working out quite nicely for y'all! Congats on the CSR room and that great Disney service! Seems like crowds were very, very managable! What a treat to have MK almost all to yourselves! Can't wait to read the rest and the dining reviews!

mouseketeer mom
02-08-2009, 08:12 AM
Great report! Glad your new resort is working out better for you!

pdrlkr
02-08-2009, 08:20 AM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DisneyGlutton
02-08-2009, 08:44 AM
Excellent report, keep it coming! I'm glad Disney was so helpful after your POP bed debacle, that's true Disney service (well obviously the bed shouldn't have had a dip, haha, but afterwards).

I have a question though...I read somewhere that CSR only has king beds in its rooms. Is that true??

nickv1025
02-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Great report! Thanks for sharing and glad you got the hotel situation worked out.

:mickey:

stitchaholic
02-09-2009, 12:31 PM
there were 2 queen sized beds.

KylesMom
02-09-2009, 12:36 PM
I'm so glad that the Disney CM was able to quickly assist you in switching resorts. It sounds like you're having a great time with the kids! Can't wait to read more! :mickey:

To LuvsWDWFood:
I have a question though...I read somewhere that CSR only has king beds in its rooms. Is that true??
No, CSR is the only moderate which has upgraded from double beds to queen beds as standard.

DisneyGlutton
02-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Thanks for correcting me! I am eager to stay at CSR, but its booked (or at least all the rooms for the 4/3 deal are booked) for my trip.

yourmagicalguide
02-09-2009, 06:32 PM
Thanks for sharing :mickey:

yjgirl32
02-10-2009, 11:20 AM
Very nice report- glad to hear you had gotten your "bed" problem taken care of and that it didn't ruin your vacation. Thanks for sharing.

vizsla
02-13-2009, 04:33 AM
Thanks for the report.

dtootsie42
02-14-2009, 02:19 PM
Enjoyed the first half of your report. Sounds like you had a great time with your kids. It's nice to hear that the Disney Magic is still there and they did such a great job getting you switched to a different resort.

faline
02-20-2009, 07:15 PM
Sounds like a wonderful trip so far with some particulary wonderful Disney service!

SandmanGStefani24
02-21-2009, 01:53 AM
sounds good...like that dessert @ france!

stitchaholic
02-21-2009, 07:33 AM
lol,that desert was more like a disney lunch,we were too stuffed to eat for the rest of the day,but soooo worth it.