PDA

View Full Version : booking thru disney

kreme28pa
02-07-2009, 04:24 PM
ive always booked thru AAA,they give u a few months to pay booking off.do u need to pay all at once when u book thru disney?

LorrieP
02-07-2009, 04:59 PM
No you don't. You have to put a $200 deposit and pay off 45 days before you are scheduled to arrive.

brian2000boston
02-07-2009, 07:26 PM
we booked through AAA last year, this year we booked through Disney and pay schedule is the same. $200 down pay in full 45 days before. You can still make partial payments until 45 days prior to trip.

Strmchsr
02-07-2009, 09:02 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!

As the others have said, you can do the deposit and then pay it off 45 days prior. However, if you're booking a good bit in advance I'd recommend Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/). They can book for you and if better discounts come along they will automatically get your reservation updated to save you the most money. Plus they have fantastic customer service (much better than AAA) and don't cost anything to use.

Beast_fanatic
02-07-2009, 10:39 PM
Just to be clear, the information above is true of package reservations. Room only reservations require a one-night deposit, and the remainder is due upon check-in.

mickeefan
02-08-2009, 11:27 AM
Another vote for Magical Journeys. When we did the bounceback in December for our upcoming September trip the first thing I did when we got home was turn everything over to Wendy. She knows of each and every discount offered and compares them to see which is best for us. If it is to our benefit she contacts us usually before we know it is even being offered.We do not have to do the constant checking to see what is currently being offered.

kreme28pa
02-08-2009, 11:28 AM
ok cool,wasnt sure how it worked with them.only booked a last minute trip 2 yrs ago and we paid in full right up front.

beksy
02-09-2009, 08:45 AM
I've done AAA and Magical Journeys and direct through Disney. I don't know if it was just my AAA travel agent but I had problems getting through to her special requests (they ended up being put in as the opposite of what we requested--2nd floor instead of 1st, etc. :confused:) and if I needed to change something I had trouble getting through to them. Magical Journeys is by far the best service--Kathy is great! She is very patient and understanding. I have all of my requests down like I asked for and she is great to get back with me and then pass things on to Disney. It's so much easier than booking myself that when I did do it myself I ended up transferring the reservation to Kathy to take over! I'd hight recommend going that route and the prices are always better than the one's AAA quoted me. Even if you've already booked, Magical Journeys can take it over.

I know I sound like an ad, but I promise that I am not a paid or un-paid representative, just a happy customer!

Insanity Clause
02-09-2009, 10:58 AM
I DEFINATELY would use Magical Journey's, they can save you money. We saved about 600 using them this year.

azcavalier
02-11-2009, 09:12 AM
OK, so a few months back there was a thread where people were posting things about how they called the WDW travel agency and asked if there were any special deals for them, and they were told "Yeah, you qualify for free dining" or stuff like that, and it didn't seem to be specific to a certain range of dates. It was almost like there was a note on this family's file since they had gone to WDW before, and they were using deals like this to entice them back. Is this true? Might I be able to call WDW and see if there are any deals "attached" to my family?

We're trying to plan for a trip in November, but right now, through Magical Journeys, there are no discounts, and a seven night stay at a moderate resort with Park Hopper and standard DDP is about $3500 for our family of five. Not including travel costs. Our goal is to see if we can knock off about $1000.

I guess my question is two fold...can you EVER get a deal if you call Disney directly that you couldn't possibly get any other way; and, are there ever special deals that are noted for families that have gone before in the WDW database?